Denton Burn Injury Attorneys
Burn injuries can be catastrophic to a person's life and livelihood. Not only are severe burn injuries incredibly painful, but they may limit a person's ability to work or function normally. If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury in Denton Texas due to the negligence of another person or entity, you may be entitled to compensation.
If you want to seek compensation for your injuries, Denton burn injury attorneys such as the professionals at Carabin Shaw can help you through the process.
Have You Suffered a Severe Burn in Denton Texas?
Every year, numerous Denton residents suffer burn injuries while working, driving, or at home. For example, driving on I-35 can be tumultuous, especially under severe weather conditions. Additionally, people who work at local factories or manufacturing centers may face a higher risk of being burned at the workplace.
If you were injured at work, a personal injury lawyer serving Denton Texas can help. Don't add unnecessary stress to your recovery, and contact the Texas accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw today.Common Causes of Preventable Burns
Burn injuries can occur in a myriad of different ways. Many burn injuries are preventable. However, if the responsible or negligent party refuses to act appropriately by following safety measures, a person could get hurt. The following are the most common causes of preventable burns:
- Faulty electrical wiring
- Improperly stored flammable or corrosive substances
- Portable heating devices such as space heaters
- Cooking appliance misuse
Burns can be classified into four categories: thermal, chemical, radiation, and electrical.
- Thermal Burns Thermal burns occur due to contact with flames or extremely hot surfaces. Additionally, a person can suffer a thermal burn due to contact with a hot liquid or steam.
- Chemical Burns Chemical burns occur when a person comes into contact with a corrosive substance, such as an acidic or alkaline chemical.
- Radiation Burns Exposure to ultraviolet light or other sources of radiation result in radiation burns. Sunburns are technically radiation burns.
- Electrical Burns A person may suffer an electrical burn if they come into direct contact with an electrical current, either through faulty wiring or lightning. Electrical burns don't just affect the skin; internal organs can suffer severe damage due to electrical burns.
If the negligence of another person or entity caused your burn, it's time to get the compensation you deserve. A personal injury lawyer serving Denton Texas can answer your questions, explain how they will establish negligence and fault, and what to expect from the process.Economic Damages Vs. Non-Economic Damages in Burn Lawsuits
Denton burn injury attorneys, such as our team here at Carabin Shaw, have plenty of experience when it comes to establishing damages in a personal injury case. Our lawyers will be able to establish both economic and non-economic damages in most burn injury cases caused by a negligent person or entity.
Economic Damages in Burn Injury Cases
Economic damages often cover more of the "physical" impact of a burn injury: medical bills, lost wages, damaged property, etc. These damages are often simple for an attorney to prove with the proper paperwork.
Non-Economic Damages in Burn Injury Cases
Burn injuries leave lasting psychological and physical effects. A person may have permanent scarring that limits their ability to perform their previous job or lasting pain that makes future work nearly impossible. Additionally, the psychological effects such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder may make a normal life nearly impossible.
Establishing monetary damages for these intangible issues is essential to ensure victims receive appropriate compensation for their injuries. An experienced lawyer can help.Contact a Personal Injury Attorney at Carabin Shaw | Free Case Review
The Texas accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw offer free initial consultations and case reviews. If you've been injured due to the negligence of another person, contact us through our online form or at our toll-free number: 1-800-862-1260.