Determining Liability for a Slip and Fall Accident in Laredo Tx
More than a million Americans visit the emergency room after a slip and fall accident every year. Cumulatively, slip and fall accidents across Texas annually cost millions in damages, resulting in severe injuries, mounting medical bills, and long-term pain and suffering. Statistics suggest that a single slip and fall accident can cost victims and their families an average of $30,000 to $40,000– an enormous cost that may not fully be covered by insurance.If You Have Suffered a Slip and Fall Accident in Laredo, There is Help Available
Did you know that accident victims have the right to seek financial restitution if their injuries were caused by another’s negligence? Texas law offers slip and fall accident victims the option to file an injury lawsuit to reclaim both economic and non-economic losses.
With the help of a qualified Laredo Tx slip and fall attorney, you can receive the compensation you deserve. Your slip and fall attorney can:
- Review your eligibility to file
- Investigate the details of your slip and fall accident
- Accurately estimate the worth of your damages
- File your claim before the two-year statute of limitations
- Protect your right to fair compensation throughout financial settlement negotiations
These are only a few of the most important services offered by Laredo personal injury attorneys; however, the first and most important task of a personal injury attorney is determining who can be held liable for their client’s injuries.Criteria for Determining Liability for a Slip and Fall Accident
In the state of Texas, property owners can be held responsible for injuries occurring on their property. It is their legal duty to ensure their guests are aware of any potential hazards on the premises. In order to file your slip and fall injury lawsuit, your attorney will need to establish if the property owner and/or manager can be held financially liable for your injuries.
There are a few criteria that must be met for a person or entity to be found legally liable for your slip and fall injury; otherwise, you will not have a case for recovering damages. In order to establish the defendant’s liability for your slip and fall injury, your attorney must determine:
- You were an invited guest, visitor, or customer on the property
- There were hazardous conditions on the property (such as uneven steps, slippery surfaces, or obstructed walkways) that led to your fall
- The property owner and/or manager was previously aware of the dangerous conditions and made no move to rectify the danger or provide safety warnings to their invited guests
- Your physical, financial, and emotional losses were a direct effect of the property owner’s negligence to maintain a safe premises
Once these criteria are established, your attorney has a solid case against the defendant and will be able to negotiate a fair settlement. The amount of your settlement will be affected by the severity of your injuries and the degree of the property owner’s negligence.Win Compensation for Your Injuries with the Top Laredo Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
The many successes of Carabin Shaw injury attorneys have established our firm’s preeminence in Texas personal injury law. With the representation of a Carabin Shaw injury lawyer, you can receive full compensation for your losses after a Laredo slip and fall injury. In fact, Carabin Shaw’s client reviews reflect our continued commitment to helping accident victims like you receive the justice they deserve.
Our team of qualified slip and fall injury lawyers offers no-cost, no-obligation consultations to review your slip and fall injury case. To schedule your case-review, call our 24/7 English and Spanish-speaking staff toll-free at 800-862-1260.