Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer? San Antonio Attorneys
There is no question that a being in a car accident here in San Antonio, no matter how minor, or how severe, can be a traumatic and life-altering event. If you’ve recently suffered a wreck, you may be asking yourself, “Do I need a car accident lawyer?” San Antonio attorneys at Carabin Shaw are here to help answer your questions, and almost assuredly, the answer is yes.Why Hire A San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
- Knowledge and experience. A qualified San Antonio auto injury lawyer will have extensive knowledge of the laws involving wrecks, and will be able to explain to you how things such as negligence and determining fault affect the compensation you may be entitled to after your accident.
- Deciding to sue or accept a settlement. A qualified lawyer can also help you decide if you should accept a settlement or go to trial. This is a tremendously important decision you’ll have to make, as filing a lawsuit and going to trial involves your attorney proving negligence on behalf of the other involved driver. Essentially, there needs to be proof demonstrating the connection between the other driver’s negligence and your injuries. Neglect, in this instance, involves a disregard for traffic laws or the safety of other drivers. But note: you cannot assume over 50% of the fault of the accident and still receive compensation.
- Dealing with insurance companies and other persons involved. The aftermath of a car accident is complex, and a San Antonio car accident lawyer can help you navigate filing suit and dealing with insurance companies. Remember, the main priority of insurance companies and adjustors is their bottom line so they will most likely offer a settlement that is far below the true value of your claim. A qualified lawyer can help you evaluate any settlement offer. They can also help keep pressure on insurers to expedite your claim if they take a long time to get back to you. You also won’t inadvertently say anything that might hurt your case if you allow an attorney to speak to the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Investigation. In the aftermath of a car accident, your first priority should be healing and recovery. Your San Antonio auto injury lawyer will be able to help out with investigating the accident, providing and consulting with experts, obtaining police reports, collecting evidence and medical records, and interviewing witnesses for their statements. All these will be essential should the claim go to court, and a good lawyer will be able to make sure it’s all done precisely and professionally.
- Deadlines. A San Antonio car wreck attorney will help you stay on top of all deadlines, including when you need to file a suit, should you decide to. Keep in mind that you need to register within two years of your accident, according to the statute of limitations in Texas. Your case will not be valid if you attempt to file after the statute of limitations, so let your attorney help you keep track of everything.
After an accident, your first order of business is to seek medical attention. But then you may start asking yourself, “Do I Need A Car Accident Lawyer?” San Antonio attorneys at Carabin Shaw can help you win a settlement or a court case, which can help ease the burden of a terrible accident.
Our lawyers have been helping injured Texans for more than two decades, and our team has recovered more than $500 million in compensation for our satisfied clients. In addition, we do not charge a fee unless we win your case. We offer all new clients a no cost, no obligation consultation. Call us in our San Antonio office today at 210-222-2288 to receive your free consultation with an expert San Antonio auto injury lawyer to find out how we can help—you have nothing to lose.