Do I Need a Texas Truck Accident Attorney After a Collision?
Andrews, Texas is a bustling community at the center of the oil industry in Texas, and with so much activity going on in and out of the region, commercial truck accidents are bound to happen. Unfortunately, an alarmingly large number of the collisions end in catastrophic loss of life and resources, and if you’ve been in an accident recently, you may be uncertain what to do. Carabin Shaw is here to help.What Causes Accidents?
There may have been many contributing factors that led to the accident that has left you or a loved suffering not only painful, physical damage, but also psychological and financial damage. Sometimes, commercial trucking companies are more concerned with maximizing profits than they are about safety, and pushing drivers to deliver in a shorter timeline can result in negligence. Here are just a few leading causes of truck accidents:
- Driver fatigue
- Use of controlled substances or sleep inhibitors
- Insufficient driver training
- Inferior equipment standards
- Poor maintenance
If you believe any of the reasons above played a factor in your truck accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. An 18 wheeler collision in Texas is scary and life-changing, and you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold wondering what to do next.
You want life to return to normal as soon as possible but you may not know where to start. You may be wondering, “Do I need a Texas truck accident attorney after a collision?” A skilled accident attorney can help you with the next steps.Why You Need an Andrews Truck Accident Attorney
Dealing with the aftermath of a commercial collision is complicated. First and foremost, a skilled accident attorney can ease your stress. The legal system is complex and can be confusing, and you shouldn’t dismiss your claim because you are overwhelmed.
Let the Texas injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw act on your behalf to build the strongest case possible and fight for the compensation you deserve. You may be entitled to a recovery of medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of wages, and property damage. By hiring a skilled injury attorney, you will have the support you need. Here are just a few ways we can help:
- Uphold standards of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. This government agency develops and regulates safety requirements to reduce crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving large trucks.
- Collect and present evidence. There can be many factors that contributed to your accident, but waiting too long can result in a loss of evidence. A lawyer will investigate your case and help prove liability among the many potential defendants.
- Negotiate with and protect you from predatory insurance companies. Dealing with insurance companies can be tricky. A hired attorney will make sure you don’t incriminate yourself, accept a lower settlement than you deserve, and will help you get the most money in your settlement or lawsuit. Remember, the insurance companies work for the commercial trucking industry and do not have your best interest in mind.
- Navigate the complex law around truck accidents. Truck accidents are more complicated than regular auto accidents, and a team of experienced Texas injury attorneys will help you understand your rights. Most cases settle outside of a courtroom, but you’ll need an attorney to help with negotiations.
- There is a deadline. The statute of limitations is a period of time in which a person can pursue a claim. For personal injury claims in the state of Texas, the limit is two years. Hiring a lawyer soon after your accident will help you stay within the time limit for filing a claim.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an 18 wheeler collision in Texas, you want the best team of lawyers on your side. Wondering “Do I need a Texas truck accident attorney after a collision?” could be wasting valuable time. The attorneys at Carabin Shaw are experts in the field of accident law, and are standing by to help you right now.
We have won $1 billion for our clients and we pride ourselves on fighting for the citizens of Andrews, Texas. Call us toll-free for a free consultation at 800-862-1260 or call our Midland office at 432-620-0544 today.