Andrews 18 Wheeler Accidents
18 wheelers are a common sight on Texas roads and highways, and unfortunately, some of the most severe accidents that happen on the road are caused by those huge commercial trucks. After an accident with an 18 wheeler, it may be difficult to determine who was at fault and why it happened. If you or a loved one has been affected by a trucking accident in the Andrews, Texas area, contact the lawyers at Carabin Shaw. We have a trucking accident lawyer serving Andrews that can help you.What Causes Trucking Accidents and Who Can Be Held Accountable?
Here are some of the most common truck accident causes that our attorneys have seen:
- Fatigue - Trucking companies will sometimes overwork their drivers so that they can deliver on time, resulting in drivers who sometimes skip out on sleep. This fatigue can cause them to lose concentration and coordination, as well as possibly fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Speeding - Even if these truck drivers are well rested, they still may feel pressure to reach their destination on time, meaning they will drive over the speed limit. Due to the mass size of these trucks, it is harder for drivers to react and brake in time.
- Alcohol or drug use - Unfortunately, some truck drivers may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while driving. The results of these accidents can often be fatal.
- Distracted driving - After being on the road for many hours, it may be difficult for drivers to remain focused. This can lead to distractions such as texting or checking social media. Just one second on the road can turn a safe drive into a catastrophic one for the driver and other vehicles on the road.
- Poor truck maintenance and training - Although commercial truck drivers are required to put in a certain number of training hours, some drivers do not adhere to these guidelines. Additionally, truck owners are required to upkeep their vehicles and make sure everything is in good condition before they get on the road. Due to the costs, some trucking companies disregard their truck maintenance even though it is required by law. Our Andrews injury attorneys know who to hold accountable in these circumstances.
Before talking to a trucking accident lawyer serving Andrews, it is important to get medical attention for your injuries.
After your doctor’s visit, contact one of our Andrews 18 wheeler accident lawyers so we can start working on your case right away because often times, trucking companies are experienced in trying to swindle you, keeping you from the money that you rightfully deserve. An experienced attorney is what you need on your side. We will get on your case so you can make rest and healing your priority, but note the following:
- Some truck drivers are independent contractors, meaning that they are not technically employed by the trucking company they are contracted for. In this case, the injured victims can direct their claim to the driver’s liability insurance provider.
- If the driver was a trucking company employee, then the company can be held liable.
- Depending on the nature of the accident, many different parties may be at risk. If the truck was improperly loaded, then those who loaded the cargo may be at fault too.
Our Andrews injury attorneys know that figuring out who should be held accountable is tricky. This is why it is important to contact one of our Andrews 18 wheeler accident lawyers. We have the expertise and experience with 18 wheeler accidents and know who needs to be held accountable.
With Carabin Shaw on your side, you will not have to wonder what causes trucking accidents and who can be held accountable. A trucking accident lawyer serving Andrews will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. If you live in Andrews, Texas, contact us at 800-862-1260. Se habla Español.