Do's and Don'ts Dealing with Insurance Companies
Getting involved in an auto accident can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. In the city of Laredo, Texas, where almost 6000 crashes were reported in 2022, it's essential to know the do's and don'ts dealing with insurance companies after an accident. Read on to learn a bit more about how to navigate through the process smoothly. If you have lingering questions, contact Carabin Shaw. Our attorneys have decades of experience handling such cases, and fight hard on behalf of Laredo victims and their families.Working with Insurance Companies After a Car Accident in Texas Do's
- Contact the police: Regardless of the accident's severity, it's crucial to contact the police and report the incident. This will create an official record of the accident, which will be helpful when dealing with insurance companies later.
- Exchange information: After ensuring everyone's safety, exchange contacts, and insurance information with the other parties involved in the accident. Gather their names, phone numbers, addresses, and insurance policy details. This information will be crucial for filing insurance claims.
- Document the accident scene: If possible, take photos or videos of the accident scene, capturing the damages to all vehicles involved. These visual records can serve as valuable evidence during the claims process.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you feel fine, it's crucial to get a medical evaluation after an accident. Some auto accident injuries might not manifest immediately, and having a medical report can strengthen your case with the insurance company.
- Notify your insurance company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible and provide them with accurate details of the accident. Promptly reporting the incident will help streamline the claims process.
- Settle without legal representation: If the accident resulted in significant damages, injuries, or disputes regarding fault, seek a Laredo personal injury lawyer. An experienced attorney can guide you through the process, protect your rights, and negotiate on your behalf.
- Admit fault: Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the accident, avoid admitting fault to anyone, including the other parties involved, witnesses, or insurance adjusters. Determining liability is a complex process that should be left to the professionals.
- Accept the first settlement offer: Insurance companies might attempt to settle your claim quickly, offering a lower amount than you deserve. Avoid accepting the first settlement offer without consulting with a Laredo Tx personal injury attorney who can thoroughly evaluate the damages incurred and accurately determine what you’re owed.
- Provide recorded statements without legal advice: Insurance adjusters may request recorded statements regarding the accident. Refrain from providing any statements without first consulting with a qualified lawyer, like our team at Carabin Shaw. Anything you say can potentially be used against you later in the claims process.
- Delay filing your insurance claim: It's important to file your insurance claim promptly to avoid any potential complications. Delays in reporting the accident could lead to the denial of your claim or difficulties in receiving the compensation you deserve due to the statute of limitations.
Choose the top lawyers in Texas at Carabin Shaw for your case after an accident in Laredo. While diligently building the strongest case possible for you, we will remain committed to tirelessly advocating on your behalf, fiercely protecting your rights, and aggressively fighting for you to receive all of what you deserve. You can clearly see our dedication to our clients in Carabin Shaw’s client reviews.
For a free case review / initial consultation, you can reach us toll-free at 800-862-1260. We have both English AND Spanish-speaking staff available 24/7 to take your call.
For more information: