Expert San Antonio Auto Accident Claim Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
Have you been injured in a car accident in San Antonio? Car accidents injure people every day in Texas. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), in 2020:
- There was one reported crash every one minute and seven seconds
- One person was injured every two minutes and thirty-four seconds
- One person was killed every two hours and fifteen minutes
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact a San Antonio car accident attorney. Texas state law requires you to file a claim within two years from the date of the accident. There are important steps you can take to ensure you receive compensation for what you have suffered and lost, and an experienced attorney will help you navigate what can be a confusing and overwhelming process in an already difficult time.Common Causes of Car Accidents
Who is at fault for a car accident? It depends on the cause. From driving distracted and sleep deprived to navigating busy roads or bad weather, there are a number of causes for car accidents in Texas:
- Driver Error: Many car accidents can be attributed to a driver’s negligence. This includes running stop signs or red lights, failing to yield, speeding, and driving while distracted, fatigued, or under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. In these situations, the driver is at fault.
- Mechanical Failure: Sometimes manufacturers recall parts in vehicles that have been found defective. Defective or recalled parts can cause vehicles to fail that result in accidents. Manufacturers can often be held responsible for defective parts.
- Dangerous Roads: Governments are responsible for properly maintaining roads. If roads are in poor conditions, causing an accident, government entities can be held responsible.
- Dangerous Weather: Heavy rain, flooding, hail, or any severe weather can cause hazardous driving conditions that lead to accidents.
If you have been injured in a car accident and the accident was not your fault, you can file a personal injury claim in San Antonio. Car accidents can cause injuries that can be mild or severe, including whiplash, back or head injuries, and brain injuries. After an accident, it’s important to:
- Seek Help and Report the Accident: Check for injuries and call 911 to report the accident to the police. Request an ambulance if anyone is hurt. Once police arrive on the scene, they will ask questions and file a report. Request a copy of the report and keep copies of any medical bills.
- Gather Evidence: If you are able, gather evidence of the accident before you leave. This includes taking notes and photos from various angles. If there were any eyewitnesses to the accident, gather their contact information.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: As soon as possible, contact your insurance company to report the accident. Answer questions honestly.
If the accident wasn’t your fault and you received injuries from the accident, you may need to file a claim to seek compensation for damages. San Antonio personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw will help you receive justice and reimbursement for:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages due to lost time at work
- Property damages
- Loss of enjoyment
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death of a loved one
All drivers owe others on the road duty of care, or reasonable care and attention. To recover expenses, you will need to be able to show that the driver was negligent or reckless. Expert San Antonio auto accident claim attorneys at Carabin Shaw will work with you to prove that the driver owed you duty of care, breached duty of care, and that the breaching led to your injuries.
We offer a free case review / initial consultation. Someone is available to speak with you 24/7 in both English and Spanish. Call toll-free: 800-862-1260. You can find Carabin Shaw’s client reviews here.