FAQs After a Slip and Fall in San Antonio
In San Antonio, people are, unfortunately, regularly injured in slip and fall accidents. Falling down may not seem very dangerous, but people often suffer from severe injuries after a slip and fall. Below, we will go over and answer some of the FAQs after a slip and fall in San Antonio. Understanding what to do after a slip and fall is essential to making sure you have the best chance at compensation. If you are unsure of whether or not you are able to pursue damages after your slip and fall accident, you should contact a San Antonio personal injury attorney. The team at Carabin Shaw will fight for you to make sure you get the money you deserve. Here are some FAQs after a slip and fall in San Antonio:What Constitutes a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slips and falls occur when a person falls and injures themselves on someone else’s property due to negligence on the property owner's behalf. San Antonio premises liability lawyers are experts in determining whether negligence caused your accident or not.What Are Possible Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slips and falls in San Antonio can be caused by liquids on floors, irregularities in flooring, debris in walkways, improper handrails on stairs, uneven stairs, poor lighting, and more.What Are the Common Types of Injuries Caused by Slips and Falls?
Common injuries from slips and falls include broken bones, head and brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, wrist and ankle injuries, shoulder dislocations and fractures, and cuts and bruises. A San Antonio personal injury attorney can fight for you to make sure that you are not hit with a mountain of medical bills following an injury.What Should You Do Immediately After a Slip and Fall?
- If you are injured, seek medical attention immediately. Your safety is paramount.
- Take pictures of the scene, making sure to document the cause of the accident. Include any conditions that may have led to the accident, especially the lighting of the area, condition of the floor, objects in the walkway, and the exact location where the accident occured. This information will help San Antonio slip and fall attorneys build the best case for you.
- Report the accident with the establishment where the slip and fall occurred. Filing an accident report with the manager or property owner creates necessary proof of the accident happening, which can help your attorney make any potential case stronger. Make sure that the report is filed in a timely manner and try to obtain a copy if possible. Do not speak to their insurance company until you’ve spoken to your lawyer.
- Gather contact information and short statements from anyone who witnessed the accident. These witness statements can aid your attorney in building a strong injury case.
- Contact a San Antonio personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Do not sign any documents without first contacting a lawyer. Often, companies will offer to cover medical bills which may forfeit your right to the full compensation you deserve.
A property owner can be held responsible if they do not take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of their guests and customers. If an establishment is aware of a potential hazard and still does not take the necessary steps to correct it, and this hazard causes an injury, they may be held liable for the accident.
Each case is unique, so contacting a San Antonio premises liability lawyer can help you understand your options. The team at Carabin Shaw has years of slip and fall accident case experience, and can help you get the money you deserve. Don’t wait, contact our expert team of San Antonio slip and fall attorneys today at 210-222-2288 for a free consultation.