FAQs After an 18 Wheeler Truck Accident | Andrews, Texas Lawyers
Did you know that if you live in Andrews, Texas you might be at a higher risk of an 18 wheeler accident? Because of Andrews’ proximity to highly-trafficked state highways and the commercial oil fields of West Texas, there are more 18 wheelers traveling through the area than ever before. When vehicles are struck by an 18 wheeler, more often than not the drivers suffer serious injuries and even fatality. An 18 wheeler accident can be a traumatic event in a person’s life, and victims have the right to seek compensation for damages incurred in an accident.
If you’ve been in an 18 wheeler collision in Texas, contact the Andrews truck accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw today to begin taking steps to seek financial compensation. We represent Texans like you, not the interests of big trucking or big insurance companies.FAQs After an 18-Wheeler Truck Accident
- What is the first thing I should do after an 18 wheeler accident? You should immediately call 911 to get a traffic escort and any necessary medical support. If it is not an immediate medical emergency, get the other driver’s license plate number, insurance information, and driver’s license information. It is important that you keep all of this information for your records.
- What should I consider when seeking legal representation for my accident claim? When seeking representation for an 18 wheeler accident claim, you should look for Texas injury attorneys with a history of representing commercial trucking accident victims. The specialization and skills of an attorney will affect their ability to represent the strongest claim possible.
- What should I do if the truck driver’s insurance company contacts me for a statement? It is important that you do not give a statement to the truck driver’s insurance company—they have every incentive to work against your best interests. Instead, work with your attorney and, if possible, have them handle any communications with insurance companies. We won’t allow big insurance to take advantage of our clients during such a vulnerable time.
- What kind of damages will an injury lawyer help me to seek compensation for? First and foremost, an 18 wheeler collision in Texas could result in physical injury and sometimes even death. Keep a careful record of any injuries sustained in the immediate aftermath of the accident as well as any injuries or complications that result in the following weeks as a direct result of the accident. Your injuries could lead to loss of work, meaning you could be eligible for compensation for lost wages. Your Andrews, Texas lawyer will help you to determine if there is strong evidence to add property damage or emotional and psychological damages to your accident claim.
- Should I seek a settlement immediately following my accident? Generally, it is advisable to wait until your treatment plan has been concluded in order to calculate the full extent of damages. Sometimes, injuries sustained in a trucking accident are not immediately obvious and can develop over time. Your lawyer will advise you as to the appropriate time to settle your claim.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an 18 wheeler commercial truck accident in Andrews, Texas, call 1-800-862-1260 to speak with the Texas injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw today. If you are afraid of incurring exorbitant legal costs, don’t worry—your first consultation with our Andrews, Texas lawyers is free.
Due to the novel coronavirus, we are now offering video conferencing options so that you may consult with our attorneys risk free. We care about the health and safety of our community, and we will incorporate that passion into fighting for fair compensation for our client’s trucking accident claim.