10 Best Attorney Client SatisfactionJames Shaw 2021
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

Fighting for Your Rights After a San Antonio Slip and Fall

Have you experienced fractures, concussion, paralysis, chronic pain or any other serious medical conditions after a slip and fall in San Antonio? If so, you have likely already considered legal action to help you address the financial and non-financial impacts of your accident. However, if you have never filed a personal injury claim before, the process may seem overwhelming and you might be unsure where to start.

Fortunately, you have access to quality legal aid at no financial risk. The San Antonio accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw work on a contingency basis, and will only ask payment for their services if your claim results in a settlement. If you are interested in working with our firm, call 800-862-1260 to set up your free initial consultation and case review. Our staff is available to take your calls 24/7.

Can I Sue For a Slip and Fall Accident?

If you intend to file a personal injury claim after a slip and fall, you should first be able to show that the owner of the property on which you were injured was responsible for your fall. With the help of a slip and fall attorney in San Antonio, you will have to argue that the property owner was negligent in their upkeep of their property, and that negligence led to your injuries.

The negligence of a property owner can lead to slip-and-fall injuries in several ways, including:

  • Failing to provide adequate signage slippery floors
  • Failing to address dangerous conditions in stairwells, such as clutter, poor lighting or loose handrails
  • Failing to fix uneven flooring, clear cluttered floors or address other tripping hazards
  • Failing to fix potholes or other tripping hazards on the sidewalk in front of their place of business
  • Failing to repair or replace broken or uneven shelving, creating a toppling hazard

If you are not sure whether the conditions on the property where you were injured might indicate negligence, set up a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. They can help you go over the details of your case and advise you on the viability of an injury claim.

Can I Still Win a Settlement if I Was Partially at Fault For My Injuries?

You may feel discouraged from fighting for your rights after a San Antonio slip and fall if you believe that your accident was partially the result of your own negligence. However, thanks to Texas’s modified comparative fault laws, you may still be able to receive compensation for your injuries.

Modified comparative fault means that a court can assign different percentages of responsibility for an accident to both the plaintiff and defendant. For example, if you tripped over a loose floorboard in a retail store while intoxicated, a court may consider you 30% responsible for your injuries and the store owner 70%. Your inebriation likely exacerbated your chances of falling, but the store’s owner was still negligent in their upkeep of their property. In this case, your compensation would be lowered by 30%. However, if the court considered you more than 50% responsible for your injuries, you would not receive any payment.

Comparative fault is one of many complicating factors to consider when weighing your legal options. Make sure to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer specializing in slip-and-fall claims before making any decisions. In these meetings, you can discuss the specific circumstances of your injuries and make an informed decision about your next steps.

Free Initial Consultation at Carabin Shaw Law Firm

Carabin Shaw’s attorneys offer free consultations to all potential clients. Call 800-862-1260 to set yours up. If you want to learn more about what it’s like to pursue a personal injury claim with the help of our legal team, look into Carabin Shaw’s client reviews.

Visits with the Attorney are by appointment only. Main office San Antonio, Texas.

Client Reviews
★★★★★
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
★★★★★
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
★★★★★
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
★★★★★
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
★★★★★
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.
Tag