First Steps After a Car Wreck in San Antonio
In a growing city like San Antonio, a constant increase in residents also means a steady uptick in traffic. When you are involved in a San Antonio auto accident caused by another person’s negligence, the aftermath can be confusing and stressful. As you attempt to deal with physical injuries and car repairs, you may also find yourself unsure how to go about obtaining compensation for your damages. Contacting an experienced lawyer can help.What to Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, injuries sustained can most certainly affect your quality of life as well as your ability to work and earn enough to rehabilitate quickly. Presence of a car accident attorney in Texas can help you determine what compensation you are owed, but even before seeking legal help, there are a few easy steps you can take to help preserve your claim. Following these first steps after a car wreck in San Antonio will send you well on your way to regaining your quality of life fully and fairly. The crucial first steps after a car wreck in San Antonio include:
- Take Pictures
- Take pictures of gradual or worsening injuries and save hospital bills and medication receipts from treatment.
- If possible, you should use your phone or camera to photograph the accident scene. Taking pictures of the damage to every car involved will help the police, insurance companies, and lawyers get a more accurate sense of the accident.
- Document Evidence
- The more proactive you are about maintaining careful records and keeping receipts associated with your treatment, the more evidence your lawyer will have when building your case. Organizing relevant materials can go a long way in showing a judge that you are doing everything you can to handle your damages.
- Assess Your Damages
- Accurately determining your damages requires an active and cautious compilation of evidence and cost receipts.
- Call Your Insurance Company
- At this stage, you should not speak to another party involved in the crash or further question witnesses without first gathering your resources. After you discuss your case with legal representation, it might be a good idea to reach out to your insurer to update them and get information about your coverage.
- Consult With A Lawyer
- Of course, the most accurate assessments of your damages requires the services of a lawyer. You should consult with an attorney before speaking with any third party after an accident. A San Antonio car wreck attorney from Carabin Shaw can help you calculate the compensation you may be owed and determine who is at fault for your damages.
If you were involved in a car accident in San Antonio, a settlement lawyer could help you obtain full reparations for your damages. However, an attorney can only help you if it is possible to claim a loss in your circumstances. So, how do you know when you have a case? In general, clients may pursue reclamation of damages after a car wreck if:
- You can prove that another person or party was responsible for your damages
- That this person or party directly contributed to your injuries due to negligent or careless behavior
- When these actions (or lack thereof) affect your quality of life in any way (physically, financially, emotionally)
For more information about the first steps after a car wreck in San Antonio and to find out what compensation you may be eligible to obtain, contact our team at Carabin Shaw today. Our car accident settlement lawyers serve practice areas across the state of Texas, and we know how to help you move forward after a crash.
We will sit down with you in a free initial consultation. You can reach our San Antonio auto accident lawyers at our San Antonio offices at 210-222-2288, or anytime, day or night, toll-free at 800-862-1260.