Five Most Common Car Accidents in San Antonio
Every day, there are accidents in San Antonio that require the assistance of a car accident attorney in Texas. As San Antonio grows into one of the leading cities in Texas, more cars flood the roadways. Unfortunately, when a city has more vehicles in circulation, there is an increased risk of accidents. In 2017, there were 14,299 severe injury crashes in Texas with 17,546 people sustaining a serious injury. Collisions in the city have risen by more than 25 percent. As a result, car accident lawyers in Texas have become increasingly important, as this type of legal representation is vital in the majority of accidents.Why Car Accidents Happen
The causes of the five most common car accidents in San Antonio include:
- Distracted driving (for example: interacting on smartphone apps such as WhatsApp, GPS, FaceTime, answering phone calls, attending to other passengers’ needs, eating, drinking, etc.)
- Driving while fatigued or physically ill
- Driving while under any prescribed medication, alcohol or any illegal substances
- Lack of proper signal comprehension and use
- Excessive velocity
Other common car accident causes are:
- Inexperienced driving (for example, adolescents engaging in reckless driving)
- Faulty manufacturing or road infrastructure
- Weather and road conditions
Carabin Shaw’s legal advice for moving forward after an accident is:
- Observe the situation and call 911
- Identify all involved parties
- Collect information and evidence (phone numbers, photographs, records, videos, etc.)
- After speaking with police and receiving medical attention, reach out to a lawyer
Be mindful: After a car accident, the opposing party’s insurance company will not be particularly helpful. Their priority is minimizing their costs as much as possible. If you do not have a reliable, knowledgeable advocate, you risk receiving less than you deserve.
If you are unsure who was at fault, do not give a formal statement about the accident to the opposing party or insurance agents. We recommend securing one of our San Antonio auto accident attorneys beforehand.How an Attorney Can Help Build Your Case
When a car wreck lawyer helps build a case, the complainant’s compensation is notably higher than those who pursue a lawsuit without a competent attorney. At Carabin Shaw, we guarantee that our San Antonio car wreck lawyers will file your claims quickly and efficiently to get you the money you deserve. We have assisted car accident survivors in San Antonio for years, and we are ready to leverage our expertise to help you.
We have successfully pursued numerous cases involving the five most common accidents causes in San Antonio:
- Violations of pedestrians’ right of way
- Collisions among vehicles at the use of excessive speed
- Collisions among youthful drivers due to substance abuse
- Crashes involving 18 wheelers
- Accidents involving the company and commercial vehicles
If you choose to have our lawyers represent you, you will not regret it. Our San Antonio auto accident attorneys are here to help you reach an understanding of the five most common car accidents in San Antonio and determine how to move forward if you have had to face one yourself.
Our team can also help you with hit and runs, car wrecks involving self-driving cars, and faulty machinery cases. We are experts at both determining the affected parties’ causes and liabilities and winning these cases.At Carabin Shaw, We’re Here for You
After a car accident, it is natural to feel overwhelmed. If you live in San Antonio and are searching for “car accident attorney near me free consultation,” know that Carabin Shaw has you covered. We offer a no-obligation meeting with each of our prospective clients. This visit will help us understand your legal needs better, and it also allows you to ask us any lingering questions you may have.
To set up an appointment, call our San Antonio office at 210-222-2288 or our toll-free number, 800-862-1260. A car accident attorney in San Antonio is waiting to guide you toward the best resolution.