Five of the Most Common Oilfield Injury Claims in New Mexico
The oil industry is booming in Las Cruces, New Mexico, but more work and more workers inevitably means more injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in the oilfield, talking to a work injury lawyer serving Las Cruces is in your best interest. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve seen the dangers of working in the oilfield, and our experience has taught us how to win on behalf of our clients who have been injured in the oil industry. Every attorney on our team fights aggressively for our clients because we know they’ve been wronged. We care, so we want to ensure you receive the maximum compensation from your oilfield injury claim.Most Common Injury Claims in the Oilfield
After years of working oilfield injury cases, we have learned what five of the most common oilfield injury claims in New Mexico are:
- Blowouts - During the process of drilling, the uncontrolled release of natural gas or crude oil is known as a well blowout. These are usually caused by a failure of the well’s pressure control system. After a blowout, there is always the danger of a disastrous gas or oil fire by a spark or other ignition source. A lawyer will know how to help if you’ve been injured by a well blowout.
- Slip and Falls - The combination of physical hazards and the fast-paced work environment makes slips, trips, and falls a common cause of accidents in the oilfield. Oilfield workers are often overworked, leading to fatigue and rushing that causes unintentional errors in their decision-making process. This kind of working environment also means hazards (such as spills) are not always taken care of properly, further contributing to the problem. If you or a loved one has experienced a slip, trip, or fall on an oil rig, speak to an attorney to find out what you can do.
- Explosions and Fires - The risk of explosions and fires is a constant risk for oilfield workers in Las Cruces. Flammable gas is nearly everywhere in the oilfield, and so are ignition sources. Additionally, pressure buildup can lead to explosions on an oil site. A work injury attorney serving Las Cruces can tell you your options if you’ve been injured by an explosion or fire.
- Vehicle Accidents - A common cause of injury for oilfield workers is truck or vehicles on or near oil work sites. Collisions with other trucks, collisions with heavy equipment, and single-car turnovers are all ways in which oilfield workers can be injured by vehicles. Factors that could lead to these kinds of accidents include fatigue, poorly maintained vehicles, hazardous road conditions, and substance abuse. Vehicle accidents are legally complicated because there are many variables determining who is at fault. Las Cruces oilfield injury attorneys can look at your case and figure out your best course of action to win your proper compensation.
- Heavy Equipment Failures - In the oilfield, operating heavy equipment is part of the job. Sometimes though, this dangerous equipment fails, and it can lead to serious injury or even death. There are many potential causes of heavy equipment failure such as improper maintenance, overuse, negligent safety inspections, and inadequate employee training. If you were injured because of a heavy equipment failure, contact a New Mexico oilfield accident attorney.
Oilfield accidents in Las Cruces are all too common. The number of potential dangers and the pace of the working environment makes work injury in Las Cruces a constant hazard. At Carabin Shaw, we believe most of these accidents are preventable, so we fight to get the most for our clients because this should not have happened to them. From working thousands of cases, our Las Cruces accident lawyers know how to get you the compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7 and offer a initial, free consultation. Contact a Las Cruces lawyer at our office today and get started on your path to winning. Call toll free at 915-779-2301.