Five Steps To Take After a Eagle Pass Auto Accident
Every year, thousands of car accidents occur in Eagle Pass, Texas. While in many of these accidents it is simple to determine the liable party and to file an accident claim with your insurance company, occasionally these accidents result in serious harm or fatality, are complicated in terms of determining fault, or are committed by an uninsured driver. In the more legally complicated cases, it may be appropriate to contact an attorney.
Eagle Pass auto injury lawyers will represent you when the aftermath of a car accident becomes complicated. Victims of auto accidents should not have to worry about the intricacies of accident law; they should be able to focus on recovering from their injuries in peace.Have You or a Loved One Recently Suffered From an Eagle Pass Car Accident?
In order for your attorney to make the most efficient accident claim, there are certain steps you should take immediately after your auto accident. Please keep the following list of five steps to take after an Eagle Pass auto accident in mind if you are ever involved in an Eagle Pass auto accident.5 Steps After a Car Wreck
- In the immediate aftermath of the accident, evaluate yourself and others for any serious injuries. If any person involved in the crash has significant injuries, call 911.
- Exchange insurance information with the other parties involved in the crash. If the other driver is uninsured, take down as much information as possible.
- Make sure to get a copy of the police report for your records. This will become important later when your attorney is constructing your accident claim.
- Keep a careful record of all the damages you’ve sustained in the accident. What is the extent of your physical injuries? Will those injuries preclude you from earning future wages? How much damage was done to your vehicle and other possessions? Were any other parties in your vehicle harmed? It is important to not only note your injuries in the immediate aftermath of the accident but to carefully observe whether further complications develop.
- Contact a personal injury attorney in Eagle Pass as soon as possible. In most cases, delaying seeking legal representation can hinder your chances of receiving financial compensation for your injuries. When considering seeking legal representation, consider an attorney’s personal expertise in car accident law. An Eagle Pass car accident lawyer should have experience representing accident cases just like yours.
Once you have obtained legal representation, you and your lawyer will work on your accident claim together. Together, you will determine the extent of negligence involved in the case, the damages you are eligible to claim, and whether or not to seek a financial settlement.
Often in the aftermath of car accidents, victims assume that car insurance companies will look out for their best interests. Unfortunately, however, often these insurance companies are more interested in serving their own interests. A qualified accident lawyer at Carabin Shaw will always represent the best interests of accident victims, not the interests of big insurance companies.Trust the Experienced Eagle Pass Auto Injury Lawyers at Carabin Shaw
If you or a loved one were injured in an auto accident in Eagle Pass, Texas, contact an Eagle Pass car accident lawyer today. Call toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 or 956-333-3333 and a personal injury attorney in Eagle Pass will evaluate your accident claim. Your initial consultation is no-cost AND no-obligation—we want you to feel confident in your choice of accident lawyer. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are now offering video conferencing options in addition to our usual phone options.