Fort Stockton Truck Accident Lawyer | After an 18 Wheeler Accident
When you get into a car accident, it’s always a traumatic experience. An 18 wheeler accident in Fort Stockton is no exception to this rule. Knowing what to do after an 18 wheeler accident is important for ensuring your well-being as well as your chances of winning your case. At Carabin Shaw, we believe in helping people through difficult times, which is why we’ve been fighting for Texans to get them the justice they deserve for over 25 years. Our Fort Stockton truck accident lawyers know what steps are best for you to take, which will give you the best shot at getting the compensation rightfully owed to you.What To Do After an 18 Wheeler Accident
18 wheeler accidents happen in Fort Stockton all too often. If you are involved in a trucking accident, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Remain calm - Most people will only experience a few accidents in their lifetime. When you do, it can be shocking, but it’s important to remain calm. This process can be difficult with your adrenaline pumping and the injuries you’ve sustained, but it will help you to better recall the events of the accident and also take the proper steps after an 18 wheeler accident.
- Call the police - In Fort Stockton like the rest of Texas, you are required by law to call the police if anyone is injured in the accident or if the damage to one or more vehicles is over $1,000. When the police arrive, they will file a police report after investigating the accident. This investigation will include interviewing all parties involved as well as any witnesses, property damage, insurance information, driver’s license information, etc. Even if you’re in a minor accident, it’s usually a good idea to call the police so an official police report will be created. To learn more, consult an attorney.
- Get medical attention - After an accident, it’s important to visit the doctor, even if you think your injuries are minor. Some injuries don’t immediately surface. Not only does a trip to the doctor make certain that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, but it also means that any conditions you have are documented in your medical record, which will be important evidence for your lawyer to make your case when pursuing damages.
- Contact an attorney - Truck accidents are more complicated than normal accidents between two passenger vehicles. This complexity is due to the fact that different parties can be held responsible for your injuries depending on the circumstances of your accident and that truckers and their employers must follow the rules set out by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Experienced Fort Stockton truck accident lawyers can review your case to determine who is responsible for your compensation.
- Collect evidence - To make your case for compensation, you’ll need evidence to back up your claims. Make sure to take pictures at the accident scene and get the information of any witnesses, if you are able. It can also help to write down your memory of how the accident occurred. The more you have, the better. Share any evidence you have with your attorney.
After an 18 wheeler accident in Fort Stockton, it may be hard to know what to do. Dealing with the trauma, the injuries, and the mounting bills can be difficult for anyone. At Carabin Shaw, we are here for you. As lawyers, we want to do everything we can to help you and your family through this difficult time. Our dedication to our clients is why we’ve been named a top 10 firm in customer satisfaction, and we’ve over $1 billion won for the Texans we serve. If you need a lawyer, we offer free consultations with no obligation. Give us a call to see how we can help you at 1-800-862-1260.