Gas Truck Accidents and Equipment Malfunction in Albuquerque Oilfields
New Mexico boasts more than two-thousand active oil and gas fields. Albuquerque oilfield workers know the intensity and high risk of working in one of these oil and gas fields. A single accident can have grave consequences and put you out of work for weeks, months, or longer. Victims of gas truck accidents and equipment malfunction in Albuquerque oilfields may be eligible for financial compensation. When danger strikes, you need New Mexico lawyer James Shaw on your side.What Are the Types of Oilfield Accidents?
This hazardous job has many different parts, including drilling, extraction, and transportation.
Disaster can strike during any of these activities, and the most common types of accidents include:
- Explosions: Though rare, explosions from handling flammable gas can cause an explosion.
- Drilling: Activities supporting oil and gas wells accounted for 8,5000 injuries in 2011. Actual extraction caused 1,500 injuries in 2011.
- Contact with Dangerous Objects and Equipment: Equipment malfunction involving heavy machinery or pieces often result in fatalities.
- Transportation: About 51% of fatalities in the oil and gas industry occurred during the transportation of goods.
Flammable materials and heavy machinery also contribute to the dangers of working in an oil or gas field. It’s integral to follow certain restrictions and guidelines, because not doing so results in workplace accidents. Don’t hesitate to speak to an oilfield accident lawyer in Albuquerque if you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to a workplace accident.Common Types of Oilfield Injuries
Workers have the right to a safe workplace. Serious accidents occur when this duty is ignored or denied. Such accidents can result in injuries that can make it nearly impossible to return to work and have other life-altering effects. Examples of life-altering injuries include:
- Severe burns, including chemical burns
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
Nonfatal accidents can still have dire consequences. When you’ve been hurt on the job, you need to speak to an Albuquerque injury attorney. They’ll work with you to go through the details of your case, so you earn as much compensation as possible to help recover your losses.How Much Is My Case Worth?
Suffering a major injury can put you in financial, physical, and mental distress. Filing a case opens the possibility for you to earn what you deserve. A judge and jury may consider the following when determining how much money you may receive:
- Medical Costs: Including treatments, hospital stays, and future medical costs
- Lost Wages: Wages and benefits not received due to the inability to work, also includes future lost wages
- Pain and Suffering: Accounts for enduring physical pain from injuries
- Emotional Trauma: Considers emotional trauma and PTSD from the accident
Winning a case eases the financial burden of a severe oilfield accident. Give yourself the opportunity to see what you could earn. You have the best chance of winning your case when you work with an oilfield accident lawyer in Albuquerque. You need a qualified, dependable, expert lawyer on your side.Who Should I Call?
Contact New Mexico lawyer James Shaw when you need an attorney who will prioritize your case. Mr. Shaw has been the managing partner at Carabin Shaw for 30 years. He focuses his practice on personal injury and trucking accidents. Mr. Shaw always puts the client first. For example, your first consultation is free. Additionally, you don’t pay any legal fees if you lose. Call Carabin Shaw when you need a reliable Albuquerque injury attorney.
We understand how difficult enduring a painful accident can be, which is why we work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 1-800-555-0101 and see how we can help you.