Help For Dallas Chemical Burn Victims
Chemical burns can be extremely painful and come with a long, expensive recovery process. Businesses in Dallas are obligated to protect their employees and others from hazardous chemicals that can cause chemical burns, but injuries still happen.
If you’ve been injured due to a chemical burn, contact a burn injury attorney in Dallas to review your options. The team of lawyers at Carabin Shaw has been fighting for injured Texans for 28 years and can review your case for free.Types of Workplace Burn Injuries
To understand the different types of burns you can encounter in the workplace, detailed below are some of the most common types of workplace burns and how they occur:
In certain industries, chemicals can cause severe burns that happen quickly. Corrosive chemicals, alkalis, and acids can all cause chemical burns and can be found in industrial cleaners and chemicals.
Thermal burns occur when a burn is caused by an open flame, hot surface, or hot liquids. These burns can happen in a variety of workplaces because of their wide range of possible causes. Some of the professions where thermal burns are a more common risk are food service professionals, mechanics, and firefighters.
Electrical burns are most commonly seen in industries that utilize electricity such as construction, electrical engineering, and manufacturing. Strong currents of electricity flowing through the body can cause internal burns and burn to the flesh.
If you’ve suffered from any of these burn injuries, injury lawyers in Texas can help you fight for compensation.When to Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Chemical Burn in Dallas
Chemical burns in the workplace can usually be avoided when safety precautions are in place and workers are properly trained. However, there are times when employers, managers, or workers believe that they can cut corners on safety procedures and accidents can occur because of their carelessness.
You should always talk to a burn injury attorney in Dallas if you’ve suffered a burn injury at work, especially if your burn was a result of someone other than your direct employer’s negligence. If any of the following situations were the cause of your accident, contact an attorney right away:
- A subcontractor or vendor caused your chemical burn
- A defective product caused your injury
- An employee of another company or subcontractor caused your injury
- A corporate entity that is not your direct employer caused the accident
Injury lawyers in Texas can provide help for Dallas chemical burn victims after an accident in the workplace, so consult a lawyer to pursue compensation for your injuries.Damages Available in Chemical Burn Cases in Dallas
In chemical burn cases, there are two types of damages available, economic and non-economic. The two types of damages both seek to compensate victims for costs they bear as a direct result of the accident.
- Economic damages are things like lost wages, lost earning potential, medical bills, physical therapy costs, and surgery costs. These damages help people recover after accidents so that they do not incur financial hardship on top of their injuries.
- Common examples of non-economic damages are compensation for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life. Non-economic damages can often exceed economic damages because they compensate people for things like their happiness or pain that are not easy to assign a monetary value to. A lawyer can help you determine the value your case could have.
If you have suffered a chemical burn and someone else is responsible, you need an attorney you can trust on your side. Our experienced team of lawyers at Carabin Shaw has recovered over $1 billion for our clients and can help you today. Call us for a free, no-obligation consultation at 1-800-862-1260 or fill out our online form.