Help for Victims of an 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney in San Antonio
In the year 2020 alone, 581 Texans were killed and another 1,245 seriously injured in commercial trucking accidents statewide. Our state continues to lead in deadly 18-wheeler accidents, especially in large cities like San Antonio. Highways and crowded roads throughout the city are the site of dangerous commercial truck accidents that can change the lives of the victims and their families forever.
Is there help for victims of an 18 wheeler accident attorney in San Antonio Tx? Luckily, if commercial truck injury victims learn more about their options, they can discover how they can acquire the financial and legal help they need to recover from their injuries. Be sure to consult with a qualified lawyer as soon as possible to take advantage of your options.Options Afforded by Texas Law
First, it is important to understand that 18 wheeler accident victims and their families are protected by Texas law. If you or a loved one have been injured by the negligence of a commercial truck driver, you are eligible to claim the following damages in a personal injury lawsuit:
- Physical injuries (such as burns, broken bones, concussions, organ damage, head and spinal trauma, or fatality)
- Financial losses (such as the costs of doctor’s visits, surgeries, physical therapy, or lost wages)
- Emotional trauma (the suffering caused by long-term injury, disability, or the development of anxiety/depression after a serious truck accident)
In order to claim these damages, however, victims must abide by Texas’s two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. In order to ensure you file your 18-wheeler accident lawsuit in a timely manner, it is important to meet with a qualified personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
While some San Antonio 18 wheeler accident victims choose to file their claim without the assistance of an attorney, the reality is that these lawsuits rarely result in success. Without a trained attorney to protect your right to fair compensation, the defendant’s representation is likely to take advantage of your lack of legal expertise to offer you a substantially smaller settlement than your losses entitle you to claim.
If you are unsure whether to hire an 18-wheeler injury attorney, consider:
- Commercial truck injury lawyers have specialized in personal injury law related to 18-wheeler accidents
- Plaintiffs who are represented by quality injury attorneys are statistically more likely to see a large financial settlement
- Large law firms have the resources to investigate the details of your accident, review witness testimonies, and compile medical records to ensure your accident claim is wholly accurate
- Hiring an attorney ensures you can focus on healing from your injuries instead of filing legal documents, compiling evidence, and navigating the intricacies of 18-wheeler injury law.
Carabin Shaw 18-wheeler attorneys have the necessary skill, knowledge, and passion to successfully negotiate your commercial truck injury lawsuit. We are dedicated to ensuring you receive full compensation for your physical, financial, and emotional losses after your 18-wheeler accident. For the past three decades, we have helped thousands of victims and their families recover their losses after serious commercial truck accidents.
Are you interested in pursuing a commercial truck injury lawsuit? To learn more about your legal options and our attorneys’ experience representing 18-wheeler accident claims, call our office toll-free at 800-862-1260 to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation with our team of San Antonio 18 wheeler accident attorneys.