Help Recovering from Your Truck Accident Injuries in Deming
When passenger vehicles collide with trucks, it can lead to severe injuries or death. Trucks can weigh up to 16 times more than your average car, making an impact with them in Deming, New Mexico extremely dangerous. In 2018, there were around 150,000 injuries caused by trucking accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a trucking accident, you should consult a Deming truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. New Mexico attorney James Shaw has decades of experience fighting for victims of trucking accidents to make sure they get the compensation they deserve.Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
After you’re involved in a trucking accident, there are a few steps you should take to make the most of your case:
- Call the police - After an accident, it’s imperative that you call the police. They’ll make an accident report, which will document all the details of your truck accident.
- Seek medical attention - Your health should be the #1 priority. As soon as you can, visit a doctor or hospital to get a proper medical evaluation. This visit will also be documented in your medical records—a critical piece of evidence in truck accident cases.
- Exchange information - At the scene of the accident, exchange contact information with the other driver. Additionally, get the phone numbers of any witnesses. Your personal injury lawyer in Deming may need to contact them later as your case is being built.
- Collect evidence - The more evidence you have, the better. If you can, take photographs while you’re at the accident scene, including damage to vehicles, pictures of your injuries, any skidmarks on the road, and anything else you think may be relevant.
Talk to an experienced attorney to learn more.Recovering From Your Truck Accident Injuries
If you’ve sustained injuries in an 18 wheeler accident, getting healthy is important. The following steps will be useful to follow if you need help recovering from your truck accident injuries in Deming:
- Follow the doctor’s orders - After you visit the doctor, they will give you instructions on how best to recover. It’s important for your well-being and your case that you strictly follow them. If you fail to adhere to the doctor’s recovery plan, it could end up hurting your case. If you have further questions, ask your Deming truck accident lawyer.
- Think about physical therapy - One recommendation a doctor may have for you is physical therapy. Physical therapists are one of the most effective ways to recover from an auto accident because of their expertise and their specialized equipment. If your doctor does not recommend physical therapy, be sure to ask about it.
- Take it easy - One of the worst things for the recovery process is overdoing it. Moving around or exercising when you’re not supposed to can actually prolong your injuries. After an auto accident, do what you have to to recover quickly. Do less physical activities, take time off work, and give your body the time it needs to heal.
- Slowly exercise - Starting to exercise too quickly can lengthen your recovery time, but, if advised and done right, it can be an effective treatment for truck accident injuries. Talk to your doctor about exercises you can do to recover from your injuries.
- Get the right nourishment - After a truck accident, make sure you’re getting plenty of water as well as eating right. Your body needs nutrition to recover, and eating the right things can actually speed up the recovery process. Your doctor should tell you about your nutritional options.
Healing is important, but financial recovery is crucial. A lawyer can help you get the justice you deserve.
New Mexico attorney James Shaw has dedicated his life to helping victims of trucking accidents get proper compensation after they’ve wrongly suffered from a trucking company’s negligence. Call toll free today at 1-800-555-0101 to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers in Deming.