Covid-19 Safety Protocols Are Being Followed - Free Consultation Via Phone or Video Conferencing - Learn More
10 Best
Google verifed reviews
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
BBB
AVVO

Home Appliances Causing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Laredo

Carbon monoxide is known as the “silent killer” because it is a deadly gas that is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. Every year in the United States, carbon monoxide poisonings send about 20,000 people to the hospital and cause roughly 400 deaths. Residents of Laredo, Texas have the potential to be exposed to carbon monoxide every day because many home appliances can emit dangerous amounts of carbon monoxide when they are defective, are malfunctioning, or are used improperly.

If you or a loved one has been injured due to carbon monoxide poisoning, you should consult carbon monoxide poisoning attorneys in Laredo. The Laredo attorneys at Carabin Shaw have 28 years of experience fighting for injured Texans and can review your case for free today.

Home Appliances That Can Cause Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Laredo, Texas

Many home appliances have the potential to cause carbon monoxide poisoning because carbon monoxide is a natural byproduct when fossil fuels are burned, so anything that burns gasoline, natural gas, coal, oil, or kerosene can cause carbon monoxide poisoning under certain circumstances. Usually, dangerous levels of carbon monoxide occur when appliances are aging, are in disrepair, or are malfunctioning.

The most common home appliances causing carbon monoxide poisoning in Laredo are as follows:

  • Gas stoves
  • Heaters
  • Gas ovens
  • Space heaters
  • Water heaters
  • Clothes dryers
  • Furnaces or boilers
  • Generators

Each appliance on this list operates in a similar way—they burn fossil fuels for energy. Carbon monoxide can be emitted by these appliances when their exhaust is not ventilated correctly, or the appliance is malfunctioning and is unable to fully burn its fuel which leads to carbon monoxide emission.

In Laredo central air conditioning is common because of the blazing hot summers, but not everyone has central heating. Space heaters and furnaces are one of the most common sources of carbon monoxide poisonings because, if installed incorrectly or malfunctioning, their lack of ventilation can cause a deadly buildup of carbon monoxide in your home. If any household appliance caused your carbon monoxide poisoning, personal injury lawyers serving Laredo, Texas can help.

Who is Liable if an Appliance Caused Your Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Generally, fault in carbon monoxide cases related to home appliances can be attributed to the following people or parties in the following ways:

  • Landlords - Landlords can be held liable in cases where carbon monoxide poisoning caused by an appliance happens in rental properties and the tenants can prove that the landlord’s actions or inactions directly contributed to the carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • Product manufacturers and sellers - If a product is defective and that defect causes carbon monoxide poisoning, the product manufacturer and/or seller can be held liable under product liability laws.
  • Repair or maintenance companies - If a repair or maintenance company’s negligence or incompetence leads to an appliance causing carbon monoxide poisoning, they may be held liable. If a negligent maintenance company caused your carbon monoxide poisoning, consult carbon monoxide poisoning attorneys in Laredo to demand justice.

To fully answer this question as it pertains to your case, consult an attorney who has experience in handling carbon monoxide poisoning cases. Remember, every case is unique.

Consult a Lawyer if You’ve Been Injured Due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

If you’ve been injured in a carbon monoxide poisoning accident caused by a home appliance, personal injury lawyers serving Laredo, Texas can help. When contacting an attorney to represent you, make sure that you contact someone with a great reputation who has experience handling carbon monoxide poisoning cases.

The Laredo attorneys at Carabin Shaw have recovered over $1 billion for their clients and know how to fight for justice in the wake of carbon monoxide poisonings. For a free case review, call us today at 956-333-3333.

Visits with the Attorney are by appointment only. Main office San Antonio, Texas.

Client Reviews
★★★★★
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
★★★★★
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
★★★★★
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
★★★★★
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
★★★★★
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.
Tag