Houston Daycare Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
Working parents entrust the safety of their children to daycare facilities daily, and a violation of this trust, such as sexual abuse allegations, leaves both parents and children devastated. When this occurs, contacting an experienced attorney in Houston Texas can help alleviate the legal burden of a sexual abuse case.
Our team of Texas personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw is committed to pursuing a case not only against the perpetrator of the abuse, but also the negligent daycare facility. Our attorneys’ extensive knowledge of child abuse law helps them chase all available legal options when pursuing a case.What Constitutes Daycare Sexual Abuse?
Child sexual abuse is any un-consensual sexual interaction perpetrated by an adult to a child. Since a child cannot legally give consent to engage in a sexual act, any type of sexual touching of the child can be considered sexual abuse.
- Sexual abuse includes inappropriate kissing, fondling or rubbing of the genitals, engagement in oral sex, or any other form of manipulation of the child into a sexual act. All of these acts are improper sexual touching of a child and are punishable by law in the state of Texas.
- Sexual abuse of a child is, of course, not limited to touching. If an abuser exposes their genitals to a child or takes pornographic photographs of a child, they will also be charged with child sexual abuse.
If you suspect that your child may have been molested or sexually abused at their daycare facility, contacting a knowledgeable group of Houston sexual abuse attorneys is essential so that appropriate measures can be taken in a timely manner.What Institutions Can Be Sued for Sexual Abuse?
A childcare facility is held to the moral and legal standards of providing a safe environment for the children under their supervision. When an institution fails to provide this type of environment, they may be held liable for the personal injuries suffered by the victims.
It is important to note that any institution where children are being cared for outside the home can be charged with negligent supervision. These types of institutions include:
- Clergy and religious institutions
- Youth sports programs
- Private/public schools
- Childcare Centers (includes another person’s home)
- Preschool programs
- Military schools
- Camps where adults are supervising children
Many parents will initially report any allegations of child sexual abuse to law enforcement (as it should be), but, in their distress, parents may forget that the child-care facility also failed them. Our experienced child injury lawyers serving Houston can begin the process of holding all parties accountable by meticulously investigating for signs of failed supervision by the facility.
Oftentimes, these facilities will attempt to cover their tracks or claim that they were unaware of the perpetrator’s actions, however, our legal experts will skillfully contest these allegations in court if necessary.Filing a Houston Daycare Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
- Parents should always prioritize the physical and emotional well-being of their child. Reporting the crime to the police, and filing criminal charges against the abuser should be the first step toward justice and restoring stability in their child’s life.
- Our attorneys understand that in their fight for justice, parents and victims acquire emotional, financial, and medical expenses. Filing a civil lawsuit against the abuser and institution for pain and suffering can be the second step in the road toward recovery.
- If the daycare institution is proven liable, our attorneys will seek monetary compensation for physical and emotional damages suffered by the victim.
An expert lawyer will diligently work with the parents of victims to seek reparations for a child’s physical and psychological stress.Contact Us for Your Free Case Review | Justice for Daycare Abuse
Our team of Texas personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw will dedicate time and effort to your case if you suspect your child has been molested or abused at a daycare facility.
Call us toll free at 800-862-1260 for a free consultation. Someone is available to speak with you 24/7. Hablamos Español.