Houston Slip & Fall Accident | Premises Liability Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident in Houston? Slip and falls can cause serious injuries that can rack up expensive medical bills and have long-lasting effects on your health and well-being.
Accidents can occur in parks, restaurants, grocery stores, and more from a number of hazards and poor maintenance. In Houston, property owners are responsible to ensure their property is safe.
If your slip and fall occurred on another person’s property, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries. Houston Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw will work with you to conduct a thorough investigation and build a case so you can receive the justice you are owed.What Counts as a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents are governed by an area of law known as premises liability. In Texas, a landowner has a legal responsibility to prevent an unsafe or dangerous condition on their property.
Every owner is legally required to take reasonable steps to ensure their property is safe for anyone on the premises. This means providing proper maintenance or, at the very least, marking off an unsafe area and warning guests through signs. For instance, if a worker in a grocery store mops up a spill, they should mark the area off or at least put out a sign warning of a slippery floor.
Premises liability lawyers in Houston, Texas are well-versed in local, state, and federal laws that will ensure an owner is held liable for injuries you have received on their property.What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall accidents can occur on both private and public properties and can be caused by a variety of factors, including but not limited to:
- Poor lighting
- Poor maintenance, such as broken handrails or uneven steps
- Unmarked hazards
- Faulty wiring
If you have been injured in a slip and fall, the following steps will help you receive proper care and build a successful case:
- Seek medical care for your injuries. Save copies of any medical reports and bills.
- If possible, take photos of the site of the accident.
- If there are eyewitnesses, obtain contact information.
- Contact an attentive and experienced lawyer to help you with your case. You can find Carabin Shaw’s client reviews here.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you can seek compensation for expenses including but not limited to:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Lost wages due to missing work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
Premises liability claims can be complex and confusing. An attorney will help you prove the following elements you need to build a successful claim:
- The owner owed you a duty of care, which means he or she had a legal responsibility to take reasonable steps to ensure the property was safe and well-maintained.
- A condition on the property posed an unreasonable risk, hazard, or danger.
- The property owner knew about the risk, hazard, or danger and failed to fix it or at least warn guests.
- You obtained an injury on the property.
- The unreasonable risk, hazard, or danger caused your injury
Premises liability claims can be confusing to navigate, but our lawyers are here to help. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to seek compensation for your injuries. It is important to act as soon as possible to file a claim.
Our Houston personal injury attorneys are here to help you. We are available 24/7 for a free case review / initial consultation. Both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking staff are available. Call toll-free: 800-862-1260