Houston Swimming Pool Accident Caused By Defective Equipment
Americans who do not own swimming pools may be unaware of the various laws concerning swimming pool equipment. They may wonder, why are there so many federal and state regulations regarding swimming pool equipment? Why is it so important that a swimming pool is up to code? When many people think of drowning accidents, they forget the role that swimming pool equipment can play. Every year in Houston, citizens are seriously injured in swimming pool accidents caused by faulty equipment. Many of these drownings and accidents could have been prevented by safe, functioning pool equipment.
After an accident, you may be facing serious injuries that affect your quality of life or expensive medical bills. Swimming pool accident attorneys in Texas can help swimming pool accident victims and their families recover compensation for their injuries. If you are facing serious physical and/or financial damages following a swimming pool accident, you may be eligible to seek financial settlement with the help of a personal injury lawyer serving Houston.Why is Defective Swimming Pool Equipment a Serious Hazard?
There are many component parts to a backyard swimming pool that must all function properly for a safe swimming experience. We may not always realize how much we rely on functioning swimming pool equipment to keep us safe from drowning and other swimming pool accidents. However, the following list includes some of the many ways defective pool equipment can present serious dangers to swimmers of all ages.
- Defective diving boards can lead to serious head injury. In some cases, head injuries can result in a loss of consciousness, leading to potential drowning.
- Defective anti-entrapment equipment can lead to hair, clothing, or limbs being trapped in the pool drain. “Suction entrapment” deaths are drownings caused by swimmers’ extremities being caught in drains and being dragged below water.
- Defective flotation devices can lead to the fatal drowning of small children. Make sure that there have been no manufacturing recalls on your child’s flotation devices.
- Defective pool decks can lead to slip-and-fall injuries. If a pool owner is found to be negligent in maintaining their decks, they could be held financially liable for any injuries.
- Defective fences/gates fail to keep children from accessing swimming pools without supervision. Lack of adult supervision is the leading cause of drowning of children ages 1-4.
There are multiple parties who can be held responsible for faulty equipment. You and your lawyer should work together to determine whether financial liability for the accident lies with the equipment manufacturer, the pool manufacturer, the installer of the equipment, the wholesale equipment seller, or the pool owner.What’s Next For Victims?
All of the above examples of defective equipment can lead to fatal drownings or near-fatal drownings with long-term consequences. Houston victims of swimming pool accidents deserve financial justice for accidents caused by equipment manufacturers’ negligence. If you have lost a loved one or suffered serious injuries from a near-drowning caused by faulty equipment, you should contact a qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible.Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys in Texas
If you or a loved one were injured in a Houston swimming pool accident caused by defective equipment, contact the personal injury lawyers serving Houston at Carabin Shaw. Call toll-free today at 1-800-862-1260 to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation and case review with one of our experienced swimming pool accident lawyers.Free Case Review
At Carabin Shaw, we can guarantee a client-first experience from consultation to settlement. Through our nearly three decades of legal service, we have provided Houston families with world-class representation and excellent customer service. Our team of experienced accident lawyers would be proud to help you and your family build a comprehensive swimming pool accident claim today.