How a Houston Attorney Can Help Your Premises Liability Case
Have you been injured on another person’s property in Houston, Texas? Many hazardous conditions—from broken steps and hand railings to poorly maintained fixtures and appliances—can lead to serious injury and even death.
In Texas, property owners are responsible for providing a safe environment for visitors. You may be liable to receive compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, and more through a premises liability claim. Our experienced attorneys can help.What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a category of personal injury law that occurs when you or a loved one have been hurt at a location that is not your home or place of employment. Premises liability in Texas covers a variety of situations and claims.What Are Common Types of Premises Liability Claims?
There are several different types of premises liability claims your lawyer can help you file, including but not limited to:
- Slip and fall hazards: The most common type of premises liability claim, slip and fall accidents occur when the property owner or manager fails to properly maintain sidewalks, pathways, staircases, or parking lots that lead to a visitor tripping or falling.
- Lack of maintenance: Properties can be dangerous if not properly maintained, and can include a variety of situations such as light fixtures, appliances, and more.
- Poor security: Part of an owner’s job is to provide safe premises. If you have been injured from a robbery, break-in, or from acts of vandalism, the owner may be responsible for failing to provide locks, alarm systems, or security cameras.
Texas law holds property owners responsible for accidents, injuries, or deaths that occur on their property. A premises liability claim is based on the owner’s responsibility and whether they owe you a duty of care.
A number of individuals may be responsible for your premises liability claim, and the case is not always straightforward. In some situations, it may be difficult to find the responsible party. A premises liability lawyer in Houston will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident to discover who is responsible. In most situations, the liable individuals includes:
- The property owner: In many cases, the property owner of the business or residence where your injury occurred is responsible.
- The tenant: Many residential and business properties are leased to tenants, and in some cases, the tenants may be responsible for a dangerous condition that led to your accident.
- The maintenance provider: Property owners and tenants often use third-parties to provide maintenance. If you were injured because of something lacking proper maintenance, the vendor may be responsible.
In order to file a successful premises liability claim, you must prove that you were injured on another’s property, that the owner owed you a duty of care, and that they were negligent. Houston premises liability attorneys at Carabin Shaw will conduct a thorough investigation of your case to prove the owners’ liability.What Can I Receive Compensation for?
Injuries sustained on another person’s property can alter your life forever. They may lead to expensive medical bills or affect your ability to work or enjoy life. We can help you receive compensation to help ease the burden of medical expenses, rehabilitation expenses, loss of income due to missing work, loss of future income, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and more.How a Houston Attorney Can Help Your Case
Premises liability claims can be difficult to prove and require significant investigation, but you deserve justice. Do not wait to seek compensation for your injuries. We offer a free case review / initial consultation. Both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking staff are available to speak with you 24/7. Call toll-free: 800-862-1260. You can find Carabin Shaw’s client reviews here.