How a Laredo Dog Bite Attorney Can Help with Your Personal Injury Claim
Dog bites are a common occurrence in the United States, with an estimated 3.7 million Americans being bitten by a dog in the past two years. Dog bites can cause serious injury and are the cause of many fatalities when it comes to children under 12 years old. If you have suffered a dog bite in Laredo, a personal injury attorney may be able to help you pursue compensation for your pain and suffering.
Dog attacks can be terrifying and painful, and often leave victims with serious disfigurement, permanent scarring, and even nerve damage. With the right legal advice, you can maximize the value of your claim and protect your rights against false claims or missed deadlines, which can cost you valuable time and money.
The Laredo Tx dog injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw go to great lengths to advocate for the rights of individuals who’ve been victimized by negligent and careless dog owners. Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of both state and municipal mandates and will use that expertise to make sure you receive fair recompense for your damages. Call 800-862-1260 toll free to schedule a zero-cost, no-obligation evaluation with a dog bite lawyer.When Can I File a Claim Against a Laredo Dog Owner?
A victim can file a case against a dog owner under two circumstances: the owner was negligent in handling his or her dog or if the owner was aware of the dog’s aggressive behavior. An experienced firm of Laredo dog bite attorneys can discuss the different legal options when it comes to filing a dog bite lawsuit.
Texas operates under the “One-Bite Rule.” In order for a victims to recover any damages, they must prove:
- The dog had a history of aggression
- The owner knew the possibility of the dog causing an injury
- The animal’s violent tendencies caused the injury
It is considered negligence per se when a dog owner violates a city regulation put in place to safeguard the public. Such infractions include disobeying leash regulations or allowing a dog to "free-run" in a park's local vicinity or neighborhood. If a human is attacked by a dog that was not properly restrained while outside a designated fenced-in area, negligence may be at fault. A Laredo ordinance requires dogs to be “restrained” at all times outside a home.Understanding How a Laredo Dog Bite Attorney Can Help With Your Personal Injury Claim
You can count on a remarkable degree of dedication to your case when you choose to work with Carabin Shaw, as well as all of the following:
- Mediate between you, insurance companies, and any opposing attorneys. This includes managing paperwork, answering phone calls, and filing any necessary documentation to build a solid case.
- Investigation of the dog’s past aggressions by looking into any previous incident reports. We will also research who exactly is liable for your injuries and make sure all parties are held accountable.
- Engage with medical professionals to determine the extent of your injuries, cost of treatments, and if any future surgeries will be necessary. To make sure we recover maximum compensation for your damages, we consult with specialists while we research, assemble, and appraise your case.
- Fight back against insurance companies who insist on blaming the victim or offer minimal settlement for injuries sustained by our client.
Giving victims across the state access to top-notch legal expertise means more to Carabin Shaw than anything else. The high caliber of service we offer is attested to by our five-star google reviews and client testimonials.
Schedule your free case evaluation with our friendly, bilingual staff who are on standby 24/7 waiting to assist you.