How an Albuquerque Trucking Accident Attorney Can Help You
If you’ve been involved in an 18 wheeler accident in Albuquerque, you deserve compensation for the damages and injuries you’ve suffered. Some victims try to pursue a lawsuit on their own, but often they end up getting much less than what they deserve. Not only are 18 wheeler accidents more legally complicated than regular car accidents, but trucking companies usually have a team of lawyers working for them whose job is to get you to settle for as little as possible.
To beat them, you need an 18 wheeler accident lawyer in Albuquerque on your side. There are a number of ways an Albuquerque trucking accident attorney can help you win your case. New Mexico attorney James Shaw has decades of experience helping victims just like you fight and win their 18 wheeler accident claim.Ways That An 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney Can Help
Having someone with legal expertise on your side is one of the best ways to better your chances of winning your case. Below are some of the most important ways they can help:
- Collect evidence - Obviously, you need evidence to make your case. A good injury lawyer in Albuquerque will examine all documents related to your case including the police’s accident report and your medical record. Next, they’ll look for video surveillance and contact eyewitnesses to get their testimony. They’ll also request the driver’s qualification file, their hours of service logs, and the Engine Control Module (ECM) data.
- Do the paperwork - Pursuing an 18 wheeler accident claim requires completing a good deal paperwork. Most of it is detail-oriented with a lot at stake. If you don’t file properly or miss certain deadlines, it could jeopardize your case and your possibility of winning damages.
- Determine liability - Trucking accidents differ from car accidents in that more parties can be found at fault than just the driver. In an 18 wheeler accident, the truck driver, the trucking company, the parts manufacturer, the most recent mechanic, and the cargo company are all potentially liable for your damages depending on the unique circumstances of your accident. A skilled 18 wheeler accident lawyer in Albuquerque will be able to review your case and determine who should be held responsible for compensating you.
- Prove fault - It should be no surprise that to win compensation, you have to prove the other party’s negligence was responsible for your injuries and damages. Although this step may seem simple, trucking companies and their insurers will do all they can to redirect the blame from them to you. If they can do that, you may miss out on the damages you’re rightfully owed, which is why it’s best to work with someone who has experience and expertise in this field.
- Talk to insurers on your behalf - After an accident, you’ll have to talk to insurers. What you say can greatly impact the kind of settlement you can receive. Insurers may seem nice, but their job is to pay you as little as possible. When you work with an experienced attorney, they can speak for insurers for you. They know what and what not to say to maximize your potential earnings and get you the money you deserve.
- Calculate damages - To get what you’re rightfully owed, you need to know what your case is worth. It’s best to let someone with years of experience properly evaluate the total cost of your damages.
Winning an 18 wheeler accident case is not always easy, but an experienced injury lawyer in Albuquerque can be there for you to help you win your case. New Mexico attorney James Shaw is known for standing up against insurance companies and fighting for what’s right for his clients. He can get justice for you and your family. Call today for a free consultation at 1-800-555-0101.