Albuquerque 18 Wheeler Accident
18 wheelers and cars share the roads and highways of Albuquerque every day. Because of their sheer size and weight differences, collisions between these two types of vehicles can be deadly. 18 wheelers weigh around 80,000 pounds whereas cars weigh in around 5,000 pounds. When accidents do occur, serious injuries can result. We will go over some common 18 wheeler accident causes and injuries in this post so you can know what to do if you are involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle.
If you are involved in an Albuquerque trucking accident, you should call a lawyer to discuss your options as soon as possible. An 18 wheeler accident attorney serving Albuquerque can help you get the money you deserve and make negligent trucking companies pay. If you need someone on your side and aren’t sure who to call, consider New Mexico attorney James Shaw. Mr. Shaw has been the managing partner of Carabin Shaw for almost 30 years and will fight for you after your 18 wheeler accident.Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents
There are many ways that 18 wheeler accidents can occur on the roads. Because 18 wheelers are so large and heavy, they are much harder to control and slower to react to dangerous situations than standard cars. Sometimes though, drivers of 18 wheelers are expressly at fault and engage in reckless behavior and cause serious accidents and injuries.
If you’ve been injured by a reckless 18 wheeler driver or a negligent trucking company, make sure to call a lawyer quickly. An attorney can help guide you through the claim process.
A few of the most common causes of 18 wheeler accidents include:
- Distracted Driving - Distractions such as cell phones are a common cause of accidents among drivers in 2020. There are regulations against this for truck drivers, but some negligent drivers break the rules.
- Fatigue - Sometimes trucking companies ask drivers to drive long stretches with minimal breaks which can lead to fatigue-related accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence - There are strict regulations that prevent truckers from using alcohol or drugs while driving, but some still choose to do so and cause accidents.
- Speeding - Truck drivers not following the rules of the road can be negligent behavior.
- Mechanical Failure - Truck drivers must do routine maintenance checks and log the results. Ignoring mechanical problems that cause accidents could be negligence.
All of these accident causes can lead to a valid claim against either the trucking company, truck driver, or truck manufacturer.Common Injuries Associated with 18-Wheeler Accidents
Every Albuquerque trucking accident has the potential to cause serious injury and even death.
Some common injuries that are caused by trucking accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Cuts and bruises
All of these injuries can result in hospital visits and medical bills. Make sure you have an 18 wheeler accident attorney serving Albuquerque in your corner to get the compensation you deserve.
Call an Experienced Attorney: James Shaw
After an accident with a commercial vehicle, it is essential to have a skilled lawyer on your side. The trucking company and their insurance company will have lawyers ready to defend their case and you need to be prepared. If you have been injured in a trucking accident, call New Mexico attorney James Shaw. Mr. Shaw has been fighting for his clients going on 30 years and will fight hard on your behalf as well. Call 1-800-555-0101 for a free, no-obligation consultation.