How can a Dallas Uber Accident Attorney Help Me?
Uber accidents in Dallas are occurring more and more often, but many victims of these accidents don’t understand the claims process after a rideshare collision. Sometimes, victims think they can handle the situation on their own, and they may get a quick settlement. However, these individuals don’t often know what their case is actually worth, and they end up getting much less than they deserve.
Working with a Dallas Uber accident lawyer can fix that. A personal injury attorney in Dallas will know how to properly evaluate your case, gather evidence, and prove your damages. They’ll also know how to negotiate with insurers so you don’t have to.What can an Attorney do for Me After an Uber Accident?
When people are thinking about hiring a lawyer, they wonder if it’s worth the cost. Below are all the ways an attorney can help you navigate your case and make sure you get the right compensation:
- Collect evidence - To win any personal injury case, you need evidence to prove the at-fault party caused you damages. Your Dallas rideshare accident attorney will begin this step by getting copies of the police report and your medical records, which will be two critical pieces of information in your case. Next, they’ll review the circumstances of your case to see who will be responsible for your damages.
- Understand the three rideshare periods - The liable party in a rideshare accident case is not as easy to determine as a regular car accident case. Liability is broken down according to when in the rideshare process the accident occured:
- The app was off - Uber and Lyft don’t cover damages done when the driver is off duty. If you were hit by an Uber or Lyft driver while the app was off, you’ll have to file a claim with the driver’s regular auto insurance.
- The driver was waiting on a ride - If the rideshare driver is on duty but waiting for a ride, Uber and Lyft will cover damages in a limited way. They often offer up to $100,000 for bodily injuries and $25,000 for property damage. In these cases though, Uber and Lyft may try to place liability on another party, which is why it’s best to work with a Dallas Uber accident lawyer.
- The driver was on their way to pick up a passenger or had a passenger in the vehicle- In these situations, Uber and Lyft are willing to pay up to $1,000,000 in damages. Again, they may try to shirk responsibility, so you’ll want knowledgeable legal representation on your side.
- File the paperwork - Filing an accident claim comes with tedious paperwork and strict deadlines. The language can be difficult, and if it’s not filed properly, you may miss out on earning compensation. An attorney’s help is vital during this step.
- Deal with insurers - A necessary part of any accident claim is talking to insurers. After all, in most cases your damages will be paid by someone’s insurance agency.
When talking to the negligent party’s insurers, it’s important to never admit fault and to stick to the facts. It’s easy to assume that they have your best interest in mind, but remember that insurance agencies are profit driven, which means the less they settle with you for, the more money they make. One of the greatest benefits of working with a personal injury attorney in Dallas is they can speak with insurers on your behalf to make sure you get a fair settlement.The Help You Need: An Experienced Uber Accident Attorney
After a rideshare accident in Dallas, you need to be compensated. When someone else’s negligent actions caused you injuries and suffering, it’s only right that you get justice. Working with Dallas rideshare accident attorneys is the safest way to ensure you get the compensation you’re rightfully owed. Don’t settle until you’ve spoken with an experienced law firm.
Call today for a free initial consultation at 1-800-862-1260.