How Much Can I Recover After a Trucking Accident in El Paso?
There are approximately 2 million 18 wheelers currently in use in America and every year, these vehicles cause untold harm to thousands of drivers. Each year, big rig trucks are involved in 500,000 crashes nationwide. Texas has an especially high rate of 18 wheeler crashes. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were more than 15,000 commercial truck accidents statewide in 2010 alone. If you’ve been involved in one of these crashes in El Paso, you may be wondering, “How much can I recover after a trucking accident in El Paso?” Fortunately, our 18 wheeler wreck lawyers are here to help you learn more about the answer to this and other related questions so you know how to move forward.How Much is my Case Worth?
Determining the total value of your claim is not straightforward, and it’s not an exact science. There are many, many factors that will influence the value of your case, and only a lawyer familiar with your case’s specific details will be able to give you an accurate estimate. However, there are three main factors that generally determine the value of accident cases:
- The extent of the injuries you suffered as a result of the accident
- The total amount of property damage that resulted from the accident
- The total amount of available insurance coverage
Your attorney will combine all of the above factors to determine the potential worth of your accident case.How Can I Maximize the Value of My Case?
Although many things are out of your control in the aftermath of your commercial vehicle accident in El Paso, there are things you can do to help improve the value of your case, including the following:
1. Keep accurate and detailed records. Keep all of your paperwork related to the case organized and in one place. This includes medical bills, receipts, police reports, etc. Your attorney will need all of this information, and you will be at a disadvantage if any of this documentation is lost or misplaced.
2. Don’t accept settlement offers until you’ve spoken with an 18-wheeler accident attorney in El Paso. Insurance adjusters have one goal, and that is to give you as little money as possible. These adjusters will try anything to get you to accept a smaller settlement, and that’s why it’s so crucial that you consult with an attorney before accepting any money.
3. Choose the right lawyer. A good lawyer can make all the difference in the world to the value of your claim. You need someone who has a sizeable team on their side and is very skilled in handling commercial vehicle accidents, since trucking companies have massive legal teams and huge amounts of resources. A beginner lawyer or a lawyer at a very small firm is unlikely to get you the best possible settlement when negotiating with a large trucking company.How Should I Choose a Lawyer to Handle My El Paso 18 Wheeler Crash Lawsuit?
When looking for El Paso truck injury lawyers, there are many qualifications to consider. You need someone with years of experience handling cases like yours, a winning track record, and someone who is familiar with trucking industry regulations in your area. Here at Carabin Shaw, we hire only the best El Paso trucking accident lawyers – and our team has a combined 200 years of legal experience. We’ve recovered $500 million for our clients, and we know how to maximize the value of your claim.
If you’ve been in a semitruck accident in El Paso and you’re looking for a qualified Texas 18 wheeler accident lawyer, Carabin Shaw can help. Because your initial consultation is free, you have absolutely nothing to lose by giving us a call to learn how we can help with your case. To receive your free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers, call our El Paso office today at 915-779-2301.