How Much is My Slip & Fall Claim Worth in Texas?
When someone is involved in a slip and fall accident in San Antonio, there can be serious consequences. Every year, slips and falls account for over 1 million emergency room visits. If you or a loved one has been involved in a slip and fall accident, you may be wondering “How much is my slip & fall claim worth in Texas?” To accurately estimate the value of your potential claim, it’s best to consult experienced personal injury lawyers in San Antonio. Our staff at Carabin Shaw has been helping victims for over 25 years, so we know what variables affect the worth of your slip and fall claim. Talk to an attorney about the unique circumstances of your case.What Affects the Outcome of a Slip and Fall Case?
The end result of central Texas slip & fall cases depends on a variety of factors including proving liability, location, comparative fault, and more. Below are the most important variables that will affect the outcome of your slip and fall case:
- The location of the accident - The accident’s location plays a major role in slip and fall accident cases. Under premises liability laws, public places hold property owners to a higher degree of responsibility than private property owners. The differing details about the location of an accident can greatly affect your claim, so it’s best to let premises liability lawyers in San Antonio review your case.
- Proving liability - Your case rides on whether you and your lawyer can prove the property owner was negligent, and their negligence caused your accident.
- How the accident was caused - One factor that can affect the severity of your claim is how negligent the property owner was. For example, if a property owner failed to fix a problem that existed for years and has caused multiple accidents, you may be awarded more than for a faulty issue that only existed for a month. Personal injury lawyers in San Antonio can explain this further.
- Your contribution to the accident - Because Texas follows a modified comparative fault rule, you can be found a certain percentage responsible for your accident, and your damages will be reduced in direct proportion to that percentage.
Once you understand how details of your case will affect its outcome, you and your attorney can determine the value of your case based on the following factors:
- The severity of your injuries - What types of injuries you sustain will greatly affect your potential damages. Lesser injuries such as cuts and bruises and fractures will yield less, whereas brain trauma or spinal cord injuries will have higher compensation.
- Medical expenses - Relating to the severity of your injuries, the extent and cost of your treatment will affect the value of central Texas slip & fall cases.
- Loss of income - Sometimes, slip and fall injuries will force you to miss work or maybe even leave your job. The amount of potential earnings you lose because of your injuries can be recovered damages.
- Pain and suffering - A court can award you compensation for pain and suffering (known as one type of “non-economic damages”), which can greatly affect the value of your case. If you have questions about pain and suffering, speak with premises liability lawyers in San Antonio.
Every slip and fall case in San Antonio is different. The best way to accurately estimate the value of your claim is to speak with an experienced lawyer. Our team at Carabin Shaw has decades of experience working cases just like yours and evaluating their worth. If you want to know the answer to “How much is my slip & fall claim worth in Texas?”, you need to talk to the best in the business. You need to talk to our personal injury lawyers in San Antonio.