How to Handle a Texas Slip and Fall Claim | Top 5 FAQs
It is not uncommon to slip or trip over while we go about our days. Sometimes, we can quickly pick ourselves back up with no issue. Other times, the fall can be more serious, even devastating. If you live in San Antonio and have been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact one of our attorneys at Carabin Shaw so we can get started on your case.The Top Five Questions Asked About Slip and Fall Cases in Texas
Slip and fall accidents happen everywhere. If you caused your own slip and fall accident, then you are responsible for your own injuries and recovery. If your accident was due to a business or person creating an unsafe environment, then one of our San Antonio personal injury lawyers can help you hold the responsible parties accountable.
- What should I do after a slip and fall accident? Immediately after a slip and fall, it is important to figure out what caused the fall. Were there wires, water, or anything else on the floor that caused your fall? It is also important to gather witness information because it may be useful in a claim. If it happened on business premises, talk to the manager or business owner to report the accident.
- How can I prove my fall was caused by negligence? You must have been lawfully on the property, suffered from an injury caused by an accident on the property, your injury must have been caused by a dangerous condition, and the property owner must have known about the dangerous condition.
- Who can be held liable in slip and fall cases in Texas? Often times, there are many people and entities who can be held accountable. If a business rents their property, then both the business owner and the property owner can be held accountable.
- Can I receive compensation from a store where I was injured? It all depends on the nature of the accident. Stores have an obligation to keep their floors safe for customers. If you have been injured due to a slippery surface and you can prove that the substance had been there for a long period of time or that the store did not do anything about it, our San Antonio premises liability lawyers may be able to help you get compensation.
- Should I get help with my slip and fall claim? Proving liability is often complicated to navigate. Our experienced attorneys can help evaluate your claim and discuss your next steps.
If you are wondering how to handle a Texas slip and fall claim, our lawyers can help. A San Antonio personal injury lawyer can answer any other questions you may have.Common Injuries Caused by Slip and Fall Accidents
Regardless of the accident’s details, serious accidents can occur from slip and falls. These accidents can result in:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back and neck injuries
These injuries may result in the need for physical therapy, expensive medical bills, and lost wages. Although compensation may not be of the greatest importance to you right after an accident, it will greatly help you and your loved ones down the line. This is why it is important to discuss the details of your accident to one of our San Antonio premises liability lawyers at your earliest convenience. We want to ensure you get the compensation that is due to you.Please Call Carabin Shaw Today For a Lawyer You Can Rely On
Wondering how to handle a Texas slip and fall claim? Talk to our San Antonio personal injury lawyers who have years of experience with slip and fall claims. We understand how stressful it may be to prove negligence for these cases. We are committed to defending our clients’ rights. If you live in San Antonio and have been injured due to a slip and fall, call us today for a no cost initial consultation at 210-222-2288.