Hurricane Harvey Roof Damage in Goliad
With the brunt of Hurricane Harvey’s full force having fallen upon Texas’ Coastal Bend communities, it’s easy to overlook the impact felt by cities located further inland, like Goliad. The high winds and rain left many residents of the Golden Crescent Region with significant Hurricane Harvey roof damage in Goliad.
Hurricane Harvey’s appearance as the worst storm to hit the United States in twelve years resulted in an estimated $150 to $180 billion of damage to thousands of residents. The widespread destruction could take months or even years of rebuilding, and has left many people wondering what their next steps should be and who they can turn to for help. The Goliad Hurricane insurance claims lawyers of Carabin Shaw are available to bring their decades of experience and wealth of resources to help people regain what they’ve lost.
With tens of thousands of people from cities across the entire coastal plain filing claims, many insurance companies have set up dedicated catastrophe departments and have even mobilized adjusters to set up remote claims sites in some of the worst affected areas. The sheer number of claims may leave many worried their claim may fall through the cracks. We want to be a resource for you as you work through your property claim. Our attorneys have spent years working on behalf of our clients who have become frustrated with their insurance company.
We also want to offer a few tips on how to approach your claim to achieve the best possible outcome.
- The first thing you should do is contact your insurance agent or claims department. This is the most important step in getting your claim on record with your insurance carrier. Because of the volume of claims they are receiving, they may only ask you for some basic information to start, and may follow up with you later for more details.
- Whether or not your insurance company requests it, it is in your best interest to take good photos and video of the damage you incurred. This will be invaluable as documentation when settling your claim.
- We also encourage all of our clients in Goliad to keep a detailed record of their conversations with their insurance adjuster. Take note of dates, names, and any commitments they make in the event there is any discrepancy after the claims process begins.
- There are instances when you will be expected to secure your property to avoid any further damage. This is known as “mitigating your loss,” and it is an important expectation for you to consider. Of course, always be sure that your property is safe to return to in the first place before returning to it.
- Finally, with so many others facing Hurricane Harvey roof damage in Goliad, you may notice an increase in the number of individuals posing as legitimate contractors. They may offer a quick turnaround for repairs at lower than expected costs. We would caution you to beware of anyone making what seem to be unbelievable promises. Many disreputable individuals will attempt to take advantage of Goliad residents during this vulnerable time. Always be on guard against fraud.
The team of experienced and dedicated attorneys at Carabin Shaw is already hard at work helping those with Hurricane Harvey roof damage in Goliad. Our lawyers have professional resources and useful experience to help you work through what for many is a confusing and lengthy process.
You’ve been paying your insurance company premiums in good faith to protect your property in the event of a loss. Our job is to stand with our clients filing Goliad hurricane claims to make sure insurance companies deliver the service they should expect in the wake of Harvey. Contact us, and our lawyers will sit down with you for an initial consultation at absolutely no cost to you.
If you would like to meet with one of our lawyers in Goliad, call 361.589.5423, or you can reach us any time of day toll-free at 800-862-1260.