Hurricane Harvey Wind Claims in Port Aransas
As a resident of Port Aransas struggling to recover from the horrific onslaught of hurricane Harvey, you may find yourself in need of legal guidance from a Port Aransas hurricane wind insurance claims lawyer. Hurricane Harvey wind claims in Port Aransas have more than tripled in the past ten years, and a staggering number of claimants are seeking relief from unfair and slow claims settlements, a practice that unfortunately seems to have become the norm.Individual Insurance Policy for Hurricane Claims in Port Aransas
At a time when you need support to rebuild your life after surviving record breaking winds of the monstrous Hurricane Harvey, you are instead facing the challenges found in the fine print of your individual insurance policy. After facing such devastation as the destruction of your home or property in Port Aransas, picking up the pieces left behind by the storm, and the challenge of filing your own Port Aransas hurricane claims, fighting your insurance company for the compensation you’ve spent years paying them to provide may just seem to be the last straw.
It doesn’t have to be the last straw; you can trust the lawyers with Carabin & Shaw, who are standing by and ready to protect your interest. Our team is equipped the knowledge and skill necessary to be the best advocates for their clients. Allow us to be your voice of legal representation.
As the holder of a first party insurance policy in Port Aransas, you are faced with weeding through the legal verbiage, as well as the insurance lingo; add to this the chores of validating or proving your losses, submitting timely claims, and finally following through to the end until you have received satisfactory compensation, the work required to recover your losses can quickly become a bit overwhelming.
Our team of skilled attorneys stays knowledgeable and current on constantly changing insurance laws, as well as proficient at interpreting them. As a layperson, fully interpreting and comprehending your policy can be complicated, and failure to understand even a small statement can cost you thousands in settlement money.
Far too often, a customer purchases a homeowner’s insurance policy under the assumption it covers everything, even natural disasters. Sometimes natural disasters are covered, and sometimes they aren’t; it’s dependent on how the policy is worded. In a lawsuit, it also matters if the agent who sold you the policy failed to tell you that the fine print excluded certain types of coverage. In a situation involving such a failure to disclose, you may have a valid case to demand and receive the full payment of your claim regardless.
It takes a knowledgeable lawyer to find the truth in the midst of the minutia. Our attorneys at Carabin & Shaw are prepared and able to guide you through the challenge of filing Hurricane Harvey wind claims in Port Aransas; we will ensure your policy is honored and paid out to the last penny.Tips for Filing Hurricane Damage Claims in Port Aransas
- Know your policy number and what your deductible is.
- Take as many pictures as you can – and video, if you can – of damaged property.
- Itemize to the best of your ability belongings; go room by room to help you remember everything, and don’t forget to check outside.
- Exercise caution when returning to your home; watch for weakness from water damage to flooring and roofs, and watch for falling sheetrock.
- Also, be wary of stray animals wandering the area; many dogs and cats that were family pets mere just weeks ago are now confused, homeless, hungry, and possibly aggressive.
- Don’t throw away items, no matter how much it may look like junk, until the adjuster has viewed and recorded them as damages.
- Open windows and doors to allow for drying out wet areas, prevent mold, and circulate the air
- After taking photos, throw away broken glass in safety containers to prevent injuries.
- If you can afford a storage area in Port Aransas, rent one, and separate important papers, antiques, valuables until you can secure your home again—the storage unit may be a reimbursable expense as well, depending on your policy.
- Keep every receipt, no matter how small, until our attorney can go over the expense and determine if it is reimbursable under your policy’s terms.
Hurricane Harvey wind claims in Port Aransas can be tedious and discouraging, but keep your chin up—when you call a Carabin & Shaw attorney, you’ve got the best looking out for your interests. Contact us, and we’ll provide a free initial consultation to help get you back onto the road to recovery. Our line is open twenty-four-seven; call our office in Port Aransas today at 361.717.4411 or our toll-free line at 800-862-1260, and let us help you get the best settlement possible.