Injured in a Las Cruces Oilfield Rig Accident?
The growth of the oil industry in New Mexico has meant more jobs and an expanding economy, but more employees also means more Las Cruces oilfield accidents. Oil rigs are rife with danger, ranging from the constant threat of explosions and fires to accidents with large vehicles. These hazards combined with the fast-paced working environment are a recipe for disaster. If you or a loved one has been injured on an oilfield rig in Las Cruces, you don’t need to deal with it alone. An attorney can help. Our team at Carabin Shaw has seen oilfield injuries all too often, which means with our 200 years of combined experience as lawyers we know the best course of action to take after an oilfield injury.Common Causes of Oilfield Accidents
Oilfield accidents in Las Cruces are usually the result of one of the many hazards of an oil rig meeting human error. Although this list is not exhaustive, the majority of oilfield accidents are typically caused by one of the following:
- Improperly trained employees
- Negligent safety inspections
- Ignoring or failing to comply with safety regulations
- Large vehicle collisions, with objects, other vehicles, or employees
- Equipment malfunction
- Fires and explosions
- Improper storage of flammable chemicals and substances
- Well blowouts
If you have been injured due to any of these hazards or something else, it is in your best interest to speak with a lawyer. An experienced personal injury attorney knows Las Cruces oilfield accidents and how to get you justice for your injuries.What To Do After an Accident
After an accident on an oilfield, you may not know what to do. From the initial moment of the injury to the days and weeks following it, there are a series of steps that are considered best practice by Las Cruces accident lawyers in dealing with the aftermath of an injury.
- Get medical attention - Not only is your well-being the number one priority, but seeing a healthcare professional also means your injuries will be documented in your medical records. This evidence will be important when filing suit with your Las Cruces work injury attorney.
- Notify your employer and report all injuries - It is important that you notify your supervisor in Las Cruces as soon as possible. Failing to do so could jeopardize your ability to win in court, and it could also put your employment at risk.
- Document the scene - If you are able, take photographs of the accident scene and write down a summary of what happened, making note of any hazards that lead to your injuries. Additionally, keep an account of any eyewitnesses at the scene who can testify on your behalf, and give this list to your attorney. The more evidence you have to support your case, the better chance you will have to earn maximum compensation. Be sure to share all your documentation with your work injury attorney serving Las Cruces.
- Keep track of medical expenses - Thoroughly document all medical expenses related to your injury. This will be used to determine what economic damages you receive. A lawyer can answer any questions you may have in regards to what damages can be claimed.
If you or a loved one has been injured in Las Cruces oilfield accidents, we want to help. At Carabin Shaw, our experienced team first and foremost wants to listen to your story, so we can formulate a unique strategy to win the compensation you deserve for your troubles. We hate to see the pain an injury like this can cause a family, but we hate even more seeing the financial burdens that come along with it. That’s why our Las Cruces accident lawyers want to do everything we have in our power to win all that you can in court. Injured in a Las Cruces oilfield rig accident? Then contact us today for a free consultation at 915-779-2301.