Injuries Resulting from an 18 wheeler Accident | Big Spring Injury Attorney
When 18 wheelers and passenger vehicles collide, the accident often spells disaster for the occupants of the smaller passenger vehicle. In fact, commercial vehicle accidents currently account for 1 of every 8 traffic fatalities in the United States. For those victims who survive a collision with an 18 wheeler, however, the injuries they sustained in the crash are frequently severe and debilitating. At Carabin Shaw, our team of legal experts serving Big Spring, Texas has compiled a list of common injuries resulting from an 18 wheeler accident, information on what to do if you’ve been hurt in one of these wrecks, and qualities to look for in an 18 wheeler accident lawyer in Big Spring, Texas.Common Injuries Resulting From Commercial Vehicle Wrecks
According to our expert Big Spring truck injury lawyers, common injuries resulting from 18 wheeler accidents include:
- Broken bones and/or fractures: By far the most common injury in 18 wheeler wrecks, bone injuries can vary in severity, from small hairline fractures to bones that are crushed.
- Spinal cord injuries: Victims of commercial truck accidents are at a great risk of experiencing spinal cord injuries. Most of these injuries are caused by some kind of trauma to the vertebral column.
- Neck injuries: These injuries are also extremely common among car accident victims, especially those who have experienced an extreme amount of force during the collision.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): This type of injury is not always immediately apparent in the aftermath of a wreck, but is all too common among 18 wheeler accident victims. TBI occurs after a person endures a severe blow (or jolt) to the head, and results in a disruption of normal brain functioning that can have permanent effects.
- Burns and/or disfigurement: Exposure to hot metals, electricity, or spilled chemicals can all cause burns in car accident victims, which can range in severity and can sometimes lead to permanent disfigurement.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an 18-wheeler wreck and have experienced any of the aforementioned injuries, it’s crucial to pick the right lawyer to handle your case. If you’re hiring a personal injury attorney for your trucking accident case, there are several criteria that you should look for when choosing your lawyer.
You should choose a Big Spring truck accident attorney with enough resources and a large enough legal team to take on a large trucking company, since these large corporations have massive legal teams at their disposal. You also need a Big Spring truck injury lawyer who has years of personal injury legal experience, and insider knowledge of the trucking industry regulations in Texas. Our Carabin Shaw team of attorneys meets all these requirements and more.The Carabin Shaw Difference: Experienced Attorneys Fighting for You
Here at Carabin Shaw, our attorneys serving Big Spring, Texas have a combined 200 years of legal experience, and have handled thousands of car accident cases over the past two decades. If you’re looking for a qualified Big Spring injury attorney, then you should know that our lawyers have recovered more than $500 million in compensation for our satisfied clients, and that we have an unmatched professional reputation. In fact, our law firm was recently named by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys as one of the top ten best Texas personal injury firms in 2018 based on client satisfaction. We’re passionate about helping accident victims get the justice and the settlement they deserve, and we want to help you.Free Initial Consultation
To schedule your free consultation with an 18 wheeler accident lawyer in Big Spring, Texas, give us a call at (432) 620-0544. Let a knowledgeable Big Spring truck accident attorney help you get your life back on track.