Injury at Work? San Antonio Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Every day, San Antonians attend work across the city. Some will spend long hours behind a desk, typing and squinting at a computer screen. Some will subject themselves to other dangerous work environments, like construction sites or chemical plants. Every occupation, regardless of industry or required duties, can present its own set of risks and dangers.
Unfortunately, the majority of Texas companies and businesses do not provide workers compensation for injury. In fact, besides a few government-commissioned construction projects, there are no state laws requiring them to do so. This can leave those injured in accidents in the workplace unsure how to proceed in the aftermath of a work accident.Injured on the Job in San Antonio?
If you have been injured in the workplace, San Antonio works’ compensation attorneys can help you obtain full compensation for your injuries and damages.
A few of the most common types of personal injury claims at work include:
- Slips and falls
- Broken bones
- Automobile collisions
- Machinery malfunction/mechanical failure
- Repeated motion (muscle strains, arthritis, etc.)
- Chemical burns/fume inhalation
- Loss of motor function
Before you hire an attorney, consider your situation. While every San Antonio work injury accident is undoubtedly different, there are a few common similarities between cases.
You may qualify for reimbursement after a workplace injury, providing:
- Your claim is filed within the Texas work injury claim time limit. If your employer does include workers’ compensation coverage, parties seeking reparations must file a report of the injury within 30 days of the incident. Additionally, those seeking compensation have a year to officially file a claim.
- You can prove to a court/judge that you have done everything in your power to mitigate your injuries and damages sustained in the accident.
- Regardless of culpability, injuries should be covered by businesses that include compensation coverage for their employees as long as the incident happened within the range of necessary work-related activities. This can extend to include travel and commutes during business hours. Because of this, automobile collisions are one of the most common types of work injury cases.
From the moment the incident occurs, there are a few things you can do for yourself to preserve your ability to successfully claim compensation for your injuries. They include:
- Document everything
- Save all receipts, including medication/prescription receipts, hospital bills, and all other medical expenses. In the event of an automobile accident, for example, you should always take pictures of the damages to your car and to other cars on the scene.
- Display and prove accountability
- This includes seeking medical attention for your injuries as soon as you realize there is a problem. If you wait to receive treatment, and your injuries worsen, it may affect how a judge views your case.
- Hire a lawyer
- After an accident at work, an injury claim requires proaction and in many cases, legal guidance is your best chance to regain quality of life and recover financially in the aftermath of the incident.
If you are one of the many San Antonians attempting to file a successful work injury claim, you probably have questions specific to your case. Especially if this is your first time dealing with the logistics of filing a lawsuit, you’ll want to seek legal guidance as you begin to file a work injury claim in San Antonio.
For all more information about San Antonio workers’ compensation, look no further than the knowledgeable team of attorneys from Carabin Shaw. Our lawyers have more than 22 years of experience fighting for the rights of residents in San Antonio and all across Texas. We can help you file a successful work injury common law claim, as well as any other settlement related to a personal injury claim at work.
We offer all potential clients a duty-free initial consultation. Contact one of our San Antonio work injury lawyers today to set up your appointment today. You can reach us at our main offices of the attorney in San Antonio, Texas, at 210-222-2288. We also have representatives standing by, day or night, toll free, at 800-862-1260.