Involved in a Big Springs Trucking Accident? Here’s What To Do Next
In the United States, over half a million trucking accidents occur every year, many of them resulting in severe injuries. When you’re driving around Big Springs, Texas, there’s always the danger of 18 wheelers and the damage they can cause. If you’ve been involved in a trucking accident, it’s important to know what to do after the wreck. Our staff at Carabin Shaw is a seasoned team of law professionals who want the best for our clients. Our Big Springs trucking accident attorneys have been in the business for over 25 years, and they know the steps you need to take to make the most of your case. Involved in a Big Springs trucking accident? Here’s what to do next.What To Do After a Trucking Accident
What you do in the immediate aftermath of an accident in Big Springs, Texas can greatly affect the outcome of your case. Our Big Springs 18 wheeler accident attorneys recommend taking the following steps for your best shot at justice:
- Stop and protect yourself - You should never drive away from a wreck, so be sure to stop even after a minor accident. If you can, pull off to the side of the road and leave your flashers on. Do what you can to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Call the police - After getting yourself out of harm’s way, call the police. Reporting the accident is necessary for you to later make a claim. The police will make a report of the accident scene and interview you and the other parties involved, which your attorney will use as evidence for your case.
- Document evidence - If you are able to, collect your own evidence in addition to the police report. Write down any pertinent information about the accident scene, and take as many pictures as you can. If there are witnesses, take a statement from them and get their contact information. Share any evidence you collect with your lawyer.
- Seek medical attention - Whether you are severely injured or believe you haven’t been hurt at all, you need to seek medical attention. Sometimes injuries can show up days after the accident or more. Not only does a visit to the doctor ensure your well-being, but it also documents your accident injuries in your medical record, which will be important for proving damages. Part of proving negligence is drawing a direct connection between the accident and your injuries, and oftentimes your medical exam will play a critical role in helping your accident lawyers in Big Springs during this step of the legal process.
- Talk to insurers carefully - At some point, you’ll probably have to talk to your insurers as well as the insurers of the other party. Be careful what you say. Insurers want to pay you as little as possible, and they may try to get you to admit fault. If you do, you may get less than you deserve. Before you speak with an insurer, it’s best to consult Big Springs trucking accident attorneys.
If you have any questions about what to do after a trucking accident, call a lawyer for guidance.The Best Thing You Can Do
What you do after a trucking accident will play a major role in the success of your case. Taking the previously mentioned steps are a great start, but the final step may be the most important one.
Have you been involved in a Big Springs trucking accident? Here’s what to do next: call our law firm. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve won over $1 billion for our clients because we pledge to fight for you harder than any other law firm will. Our accident lawyers in Big Springs know what it takes to beat trucking companies and their insurers at their own game. If you need representation, we’re the Big Springs 18 wheeler accident attorneys you need. Call us today at 432-620-0544 to speak with an attorney.