Las Cruces Oilfield Wireline Accidents
Working on an oilfield involves risky and dangerous tasks and situations. There have been over 1,000 oilfield deaths from 2008 to 2017. Las Cruces oilfield wireline accidents have resulted in severe injuries and even death, and as fracking becomes more common, the potential for these injuries increases. Las Cruces oilfield workers have a right to legal representation if you have experienced a workplace accident. The Las Cruces accident lawyers of Carabin Shaw are eager to work with you and help you in your recovery.Oilfield Risk Factors
There are many moving parts involved in an oilfield. The following factors may contribute to an unsafe work environment, thus creating opportunities for injuries:
- Transportation: Transportation equipment is the number one reason for fatalities in Las Cruces oilfield accidents. Many claim the long hours, thus leading to exhaustion, as the main reason for transportation accidents.
- Rigging: Rigging equipment, including setting up equipment or taking it down, has the potential for injury.
- Exposure to chemicals: Long term chemical exposure may trigger health issues; chemicals may also lead to explosions.
- Environmental risk factors: Noise, falling objects, and tripping hazards are top causes for oilfield accidents in Las Cruces.
Be sure to practice safe work techniques. It may help to review OSHA requirements for your workplace. If you see something dangerous, say something. If you have sustained injuries from an oilfield accident, then it may be worth speaking to a lawyer about your case. Oilfields are extremely dangerous because of the lack of safety protocol and execution. If you are a victim, then you deserve compensation.What Damages Can You Claim?
You might be wondering what you can sue for after being involved in an oilfield accident. You typically will receive damages, or compensation, for the following:
- Medical injuries: Any sort of medical injury, regardless of how severe, is eligible for compensation. An attorney may want access to your medical bills to help determine the worth of your case.
- Missed compensation: If your injuries have caused you to be absent from work, then you may be eligible to receive damages from the responsible party.
- Pain and suffering: “Pain and suffering” as a legal designation refers to any mental damages the accident caused.
If you experienced Las Cruces oilfield accidents, then you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries. A New Mexico oilfield accident attorney will be able to guide you in your case. Because the injuries happened in the workplace, you must be able to prove that the injuries are the result of a work-related accident. Injuries sustained by horseplay, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or outside of work hours may disqualify your case. For further details, speak to a lawyer today.What to Do After an Oilfield Accident
If you were involved in an oilfield accident, then you should speak with a Work injury attorney serving Las Cruces. Speaking with the right attorney guarantees that they understand the pertinent laws to your case. If you have decided to file a lawsuit, then you need the best legal representation on your side.
A Las Cruces work injury attorney can help you compile the following:
- Employer records detailing the accident
- Outside reports and investigations, such as a police report
- Medical exams, bills, etc.
Las Cruces oilfield accidents can cause extreme harm. If you have suffered any related injuries, then you may be able to file a case with an attorney today.Make Your Next Call to Carabin Shaw
If you are suffering from injuries due to an oilfield accident, you need legal representation. Consider calling the Las Cruces accident lawyers from the Carabin Shaw law office. We have served the Las Cruces area for years, so let us help you today. Call us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 or reach our local office at 915-779-2301.