Most Common Injuries After an 18 Wheeler Collision | Colorado Attorney
After an 18 wheeler accident, many people experience significant injuries. Trucking accidents in Colorado are typically more severe than an accident between two passenger vehicles, which leads to more victims suffering from serious injuries.
If you or a loved one was injured in an 18 wheeler accident, you need to speak with a Colorado truck injury attorney. Trucking companies have teams of lawyers whose job is to make sure you get paid less than you deserve. To fight them and get proper compensation, you need an attorney on your side that will make sure you get justice.Description of Common Truck Injuries
The difference in size between an 18 wheeler and your standard passenger vehicle can be quite dangerous when they collide in Colorado. As a result, victims often suffer from one or more of the following most common injuries after an 18 wheeler collision:
- Head injuries - The impact of a wreck with an 18 wheeler can cause injuries to the head ranging from mild concussions to traumatic brain injury (TBI), which requires immediate medical attention. In some cases, TBI can result in issues such as memory loss, slurred speech, a sensitivity to light, loss of consciousness, and more. If you suffered head injuries because of an 18 wheeler wreck, talk to a truck accident lawyer in Colorado.
- Broken bones - In a trucking accident, there’s the potential that any bone can break depending on the circumstances of the crash. Some of the most common broken bones are your arms, legs, and ribs.
- Whiplash - Whiplash occurs when your head is suddenly thrown backward then forward in an accident. This abrupt motion causes soft tissue injury and can result in symptoms like difficulty moving the neck and head, numbness in your upper body, and pain in your arms and chest.
- Internal injuries - Sometimes, truck accidents lead to internal injuries. The force of a crash can throw your body around the vehicle, which can injure your internal organs. In some circumstances, the pressure from a seatbelt against your body during a crash can cause internal damage as well. Some examples of organs that are commonly injured in 18 wheeler accidents are your spleen, kidneys, heart, and lungs. To learn more, talk to a lawyer.
- Burns - 18 wheelers have larger fuel tanks than passenger vehicles, which can sometimes catch fire and cause burns to victims. Burns can be severe and cause physical disfiguration for life, and victims of burns can require life-long medical care.
- Back injuries - Back and spinal cord injuries are all too common in 18 wheeler accidents. The results of these injuries can be anywhere from temporary back pain to permanent paralysis. If you think your back is injured, it’s best to seek medical care immediately, then talk to an attorney.
When you’re injured in an 18 wheeler accident, you will require medical attention. Depending on the severity of your circumstances, you may need ongoing medical care for months, years, or the rest of your life. No matter what your condition is you deserve compensation for the negligent actions of another.
Below are the types of damages you may be able to recover:
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funerary costs
To know what compensation you could win, it’s best to consult a Colorado truck injury attorney who can properly evaluate your case.Getting What’s Right
It’s not fair that someone else’s negligent actions could lead to a life-altering wreck for you. You deserve compensation. A truck accident lawyer in Colorado will know how to handle trucking companies and their team of lawyers to make sure you get the money rightfully owed to you.
Colorado attorney James Shaw has years of experience working and winning on behalf of his clients. Call today for a free consultation at 1-800-555-0101.