Colorado 18 Wheeler Accidents
18-wheeler accidents happen too often on the roadways in Colorado. These accidents can happen quickly and can affect you for the rest of your life. The average 18-wheeler is about 16 times heavier than a standard automobile which creates a massive difference in force when a car is struck by an 18-wheeler. Although it is often not the car driver’s fault, they will most likely be more injured than the truck driver if a car and truck collide.
If you’ve been injured in an 18-wheeler accident, you need a personal injury attorney in Colorado on your side. A Colorado truck accident lawyer can help you get the money you deserve after an accident with a semi-truck. If you’re seeking a Colorado personal injury lawyer after an 18 wheeler accident and don’t know what to look for, consider someone’s experience and track record.Why Do You Need a Lawyer on Your Side After a Truck Accident?
- To Level the playing field
- The trucking company and their insurance company will do everything in their power to minimize and fight your claim. How much they pay you in a settlement directly affects their bottom line, so they will do whatever they have to to protect their company.
- The trucking company will have attorneys who are experienced in protecting their interests ready to build a defense case as soon as the accident happens. You need a lawyer on your side who will do the same for you.
- Experience and expertise
- 18-wheeler accident cases are complex. There can be multiple defendants such as the trucking company, the truck driver, the insurance company, the truck manufacturer, and even the cargo loading company. Having a lawyer on your team who is an expert at navigating these complexities can increase your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
- Many truck accident cases are worth a significant amount of money since the insurance requirements for commercial trucks are much higher than that of standard vehicles, so knowing how to handle the case properly is extremely important. Having an expert attorney on your side will help you fight back against the big trucking and insurance companies.
- Peace of mind
- The complexities of legal proceedings can be a headache if you decide to forgo the help of a Colorado truck accident lawyer. Having a lawyer on your side will help give you the peace of mind that you are doing all you can to maximize your settlement.
Following these simple steps after an accident can help you build the strongest case possible.
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Take photos at the scene
- Do not admit fault
- Do not talk to anyone else’s insurance company
- Call law enforcement and obtain a copy of the police report
- Collect witness statements
Insurance companies may attempt to get you to admit fault to reduce or eliminate your chance at receiving compensation. It is imperative that you let a personal injury attorney in Colorado handle negotiations with insurance companies if you believe a truck driver was at fault in your accident.Who Should You Call? Trust Colorado Attorney James Shaw
After an accident in Colorado, you need someone on your side that you can trust. Having a lawyer on your side with years of experience and expertise could be the difference in getting the compensation you deserve and receiving less than you had hoped for. Every attorney is different and has different strengths and weaknesses, so make sure you find the right representation for your case.
Colorado attorney James Shaw has a proven track record of winning for his clients and the experience necessary to take down the big trucking and insurance companies. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 1-800-555-0101.