Motorcycle Accident in San Antonio | Personal Injury Compensation
A motorcycle offers a freedom to its rider that no driver of a passenger vehicle can experience, but with that freedom comes an increased probability of severe injury in a San Antonio motorcycle accident. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle crash, San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help. The recovery process after a motorcycle accident can be long and arduous, and having an attorney lift the burden of dealing with the insurance companies and settlements is a positive choice for many families.
If you’ve been searching for a “motorcycle accident lawyer near me,” you’ve found one. Carabin Shaw is a law firm that believes in fighting for victims to get justice. After a motorcycle accident in San Antonio, personal injury compensation is a top priority for us and the victims we serve. Knowing personal injuries and the types of compensation you can receive are vital to winning your case.Types of Injuries
Motorcycle accidents often come with severe personal injuries for the rider. Below is a list of common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents:
- Road rash - When motorcyclists get into crashes, they are usually thrown from their bikes, which can cause their bodies to skid across the pavement. If the rider isn’t wearing protective clothing, it could lead to injuries that range from mild to severe including cuts and scrapes, bruising, nerve damage, muscle damage, and serious gashes. If you’ve suffered road rash, speak with a motorcycle accident personal injury lawyer.
- Head injuries - One of the most common and most dangerous injuries motorcyclists face is head and brain trauma. A wreck from a motorcycle can lead to concussions, cracked skulls, and brain injury, which all can have fatal consequences. Texas law does not require riders over the age of 21 to wear helmets, which leaves many motorcyclists in San Antonio at increased risk for these types of injuries. An attorney can explain how wearing a helmet or not could affect your compensation.
- Neck injuries - Like head injuries, neck injuries occur frequently in motorcycle accidents. These types of injuries could be fractured or broken collar bones, or they could be something life-altering like paralysis. The severity of your injury and the amount of fault each driver bears in Texas’s proportionate responsibility system will all factor into what kind of personal injury compensation you may be entitled to. For more information, discuss your case with San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in San Antonio, personal injury compensation should be owed to you. Every case is different, so the amount you can win will depend on the severity of your injuries, the proportion of responsibility each driver holds, and the quality of your lawyer. The following are types of non-economic damages you may be entitled to for your personal injury:
- Loss of income
- Medical bills and treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional and psychological stress
Knowing how to calculate your possible earnings is complicated and depends on a variety of factors. The at-fault driver’s insurance company may try to take advantage of this complexity by offering you a settlement far below what you deserve. Don’t settle for less, leave your fate up to a motorcycle accident personal injury lawyer.Our Job
At Carabin Shaw we know our job after your motorcycle accident: to ease you and your family’s burden by getting you the maximum compensation for your road to recovery. Our San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers know what it takes to fight insurance companies and beat them at their own game. There’s no need to keep searching for a “motorcycle accident lawyer near me.” Call us today and let a lawyer at our firm hear the unique circumstances of your case and formulate a plan to get you the justice you are entitled to.
Call toll-free: 210-222-2288