Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Texas | Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident near San Antonio, you may be considering a lawsuit to help recoup your financial losses and see your pain and suffering addressed. If you have never hired a personal injury attorney before, you may be wondering “how can I find the best motorcycle accident lawyer near me?”
While the process of finding a lawyer may seem intimidating, you can start by scheduling a free consultation with a legal professional. Carabin Shaw offers free, no-obligation consultations, and our San Antonio bike injury lawyers have over twenty years’ worth of combined experience representing cases like yours.
If you have been involved in such an accident, you should know that you are not alone. Bike crashes are an unfortunately common occurrence here, as can be seen by the following motorcycle accident statistics in Texas:
- In 2018, Texas saw 436 fatal motorcycle crashes.
- 5% of Texas motorcycle crashes in 2018 were fatal, compared to 0.3% of passenger vehicle crashes.
- Over half of motorcyclists killed in accidents in 2018 were wearing helmets.
- With over 350,000 motorcycles registered, Texas ranks in the top 10 states for motorcycle ownership.
- While urban areas saw more fatal and nonfatal motorcycle accidents than rural areas in 2018, it was more likely for a motorcycle accident in a rural area to be fatal.
- Texas State Highway 130 has the highest posted speed limit in the United States at 85 miles per hour. In 2018, “Failure to Control Speed” was named as a contributing factor in over 138,000 crashes—almost twice as much as any other.
- A 2017 report by the Governors Highway Safety Association found that, in 2016, Texas saw more motorcyclist traffic fatalities than any state except for California and Florida.
- In 2016, a full 25% of motorcyclists who died in accidents were found to be under the influence, a higher percentage than any other vehicle type.
As these motorcycle accident statistics in Texas show us, motorcycle accidents are unusually common in Texas, and accidents are more likely to be fatal to motorcyclists than to drivers of passenger vehicles. If you regularly ride a motorcycle, be constantly aware of your surroundings, obey the speed limit, and never drive drunk. If you find yourself involved in a serious accident regardless, consider looking into the services of San Antonio bike injury lawyers to help you recover financially.What Happens After a Motorcycle Accident?
After an accident, you will have to deal with vehicle repair bills. If you were seriously injured, you will likely have medical bills as well, and, in either case, you could be at risk for lost wages, due either to a lack of transportation or a medical inability to work. If you do not have collision insurance, or if the other driver’s insurance refuses to pay out, you may want to consider the help of San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers to see these costs addressed legally.How Can I Find the Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me?
As motorcycle accidents are so common in Texas, so are motorcycle accident lawsuits. You will have no trouble finding a San Antonio lawyer who claims to specialize in this type of lawsuit; however, it will be up to you to determine whether or not they are right for you.
A good way to choose between San Antonio bike injury lawyers is to set up a free consultation, which can be done over the phone. This way, you can determine whether you are comfortable with a potential representative’s approach and level of expertise. Don’t be afraid to ask how much experience they have with motorcycle accident lawsuits and what types of clients they usually represent. You want an attorney with a deep well of knowledge about your case.
For a free consultation or to set up a meeting with one of our San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers, call Carabin Shaw today at 210-222-2288.