Next Steps After a Motorcycle Accident in San Antonio
Numerous circumstances can cause a motorcycle accident: a blown tire, harsh road conditions, and careless drivers, to name a few. If you are a motorcyclist, or biker, who survived a motorcycle crash in San Antonio, you likely want insurance companies to compensate you for your damages and injuries adequately. Unfortunately, many bikers meet prejudice when involved in a motorcycle accident. The legal system is often harder on those involved in motorcycle accidents than those in traditional vehicles because of the limited protection bikers have. If you were in a San Antonio motorcycle accident, a Bexar County bike accident lawyer with Carabin Shaw could help ensure the system does not work against you.Right After the Accident
If you sustained injuries in a San Antonio, TX motorcycle crash, you need to have competent representation on your side. The Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw knows the ins and outs of motorcycle accident cases. We understand that a collision is overwhelming and that you are likely struggling to figure out the next steps after a motorcycle accident in San Antonio. We’ve put together the following list to help you out:
- Assess injuries: Every accident is different, so, if you can, make sure you and anyone else involved are alright. If someone needs medical attention, dial 911.
- Call the police: You should call the police if you think there is any damage exceeding $500 or if anyone is injured. The police report can be critical as your case unfolds and you seek out compensation for any injuries you have or any damages your bike incurs.
- Exchange information: Be sure to swap information with any other drivers. In this case, “information” includes the other driver’s name, phone number, address, license number, and insurance information. Also, be sure to get the make, model, and license plate number of the car.
- Never admit fault: This is critical. The cause of an accident is typically unclear immediately after the incident, and you never want to assume responsibility. Remember, you have to be careful about what you say at the accident scene because these statements can determine what happens later in your case.
In the days following a motorcycle accident in San Antonio, it is essential that you try to understand your rights surrounding the event. Because you are likely managing any physical pain, medical bills, and missing work—which is enough to overwhelm anyone—you don’t want to miss out on money you deserve. The San Antonio injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw will fight for your rights to secure maximum redress. They have experience handling motorcycle accident cases, and they know how to make things right for those involved in a motorcycle accident.
Our team wants to see you through to the other side of your San Antonio, TX motorcycle crash, which means that we want to help you with the longterm next steps after a motorcycle accident in San Antonio, which include:
- Get medical care: It is important that if you are injured, you seek medical attention immediately. The number one concern is your health and well-being.
- Talk to your insurance company: Be sure to report the accident, but don’t give your insurance company a statement if they ask. Unfortunately, many times the insurance company does not always prioritize your best interest. It is within your rights to say “no.”
- Talk to a Texas attorney: It’s critical that you have a Texas motorcycle lawyer on your side. You want someone who will advocate for your rights and make sure you and your family can rest easy at night after a bike accident in San Antonio.
Knowing the next steps to take after a motorcycle accident in San Antonio is crucial for anyone trying to seek compensation from insurance companies. If you have experienced pain, damages, and hassle as a result of a bike accident, we believe our Texas lawyers’ expertise can benefit you.
Our San Antonio injury lawyers will make your care a top priority. Call Carabin Shaw today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a Texas attorney. You can reach us toll-free at 800-862-1260.