Next Steps for Houston Swimming Pool Accident Victims
Swimming pools are a great way to unwind and get some exercise in the warmer months, so it’s no wonder that pool parties are a popular American pastime. However, when property owners are negligent, swimming pools can become extremely dangerous or even deadly. The CDC reports that drowning is the number one cause of unintentional death for children between the ages of one and four. And the Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that nearly 400 deaths a year occur due to drowning in a pool or spa.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a Houston pool accident, you may be wondering about the recommended next steps for Houston swimming pool accident victims. Fortunately, our experts are here to help. Read on to learn why hiring a pool injury attorney in Houston is so important and find out how to receive a free consultation with an expert Houston swimming pool accident lawyer.After a Swimming Pool Accident: What to Do Now
- The first crucial step after any serious accident is to alert the authorities immediately and ensure that the victim receives medical attention as soon as possible. This will ensure that injuries are treated quickly and do not worsen, and that there is an official record of the event.
- Then, if possible, it is always wise to document the site of the accident with photographs. Take photos of the pool, as well as any fences surrounding it, tripping hazards, and other conditions that may have contributed to the accident.
- Similarly, photograph any visible injuries such as bruises or lacerations—both immediately after the accident and as they develop.
- Before speaking to a lawyer, do not discuss the accident with the other involved parties, and do not sign away your legal rights. Before making any important decisions about what to do next, it’s in your best interest to consult with an attorney—even if you are not sure whether negligence played a role.
In any personal injury claim, negligence is difficult to prove. But this is especially true of drowning and pool injury cases because so many different factors may lead to these accidents.
That’s why hiring a talented and experienced lawyer is so crucial in swimming pool cases. A skilled lawyer can obtain witness testimony and relevant evidence to help you prove negligence so that you can potentially recover damages. These damages may include compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Funeral expenses after a fatal accident
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of wages due to missed work
- Loss of income due to permanent disability
- Loss of companionship
- And more
Your swimming pool accident claim will be handled differently depending on whether the accident occurred at a public or a residential pool. But either way, the next step after an accident should be to call a swimming pool accident lawyer who practices in the state where the accident took place.Need an Attorney? Call Us Today for a Free Case Review
At Carabin Shaw, our lawyers specialize in handling even the most complex swimming pool accident cases and we want to help you however we can. Our team has 200 years of combined legal experience, and we’ve secured more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients so far. Finally, we offer all new clients a no cost, no obligation consultation and case review with a pool injury attorney in Houston so you can find out if we’re the right firm for you
So reach out to Carabin Shaw’s Houston office today at 1-800-862-1260 to receive your free consultation with a knowledgeable Houston swimming pool accident lawyer. Let us help you discover your options for obtaining the compensation you deserve.