Next Steps to Take After a Boerne Motorcycle Accident
Traffic safety statistics indicate that more than 80 percent of all motorcycle accidents results in either injury or death. Regardless of a motorcycle rider’s best preventative sensibilities, such as proper protective outerwear, accidents happen. Motorcycle accidents in Boerne can occur no matter travel speed or type of road; even the smallest winding road outside Boerne’s city limits can become a fatal setting for motorcyclists.
It only takes an instant for the slightest negligence of other drivers to create a nightmare for a motorcyclist. If this has happened to you or someone you love, contact an attorney at Carabin & Shaw who can help you understand the next steps to take after a Boerne motorcycle accident for obtaining compensation.Next Steps to Take After a Boerne Motorcycle Accident
The process of filing a claim following a Boerne motorcycle accident begins the moment the incident occurs. Upon impact, riders must do their best to mitigate damages and protect their ability to obtain compensation. Assuming you are physically able to do so, it is always recommended that you abide by the following protocol immediately after the collision:
- If you or anyone else on the scene has been injured, call for medical attention.
- If you can safely do so, push your motorcycle onto the shoulder and out of traffic.
- If the guilty party or parties have remained on the scene as they should, make sure to obtain their contact and insurance information.
- Determine if the presence of Boerne police would expedite the process of exchanging information and accounts of what has happened. If so, summon them.
- Look for eyewitnesses and record their accounts of what has happened.
- Take pictures of the scene and record damages to your motorcycle and other vehicles involved.
After the accident itself, the next steps to take after a Boerne motorcycle accident that will preserve your claim and strengthen your chances for compensation are:
- Gather evidence
- Take pictures of everything.
- Save receipts, hospital bills, and invoices.
- Obtain a copy of the police report.
- Keep all contact information together in a safe place.
- Document all emails, phone calls, and conversations with all parties.
- Research and educate yourself on your best options for recovery.
- Report the accident to your insurance, but do not give them an official statement on what happened until you are prepared.
- To file a successful claim with all the above information at your disposal, your next step should be to contact an attorney.
Serious injuries suffered in a motorcycle mishap can dramatically alter your quality of life after an accident. They may affect your ability to return to work, as well as your ability to heal and rehabilitate while paying potentially expensive hospital bills. If you live in Boerne and have suffered in any way in a collision involving a motorcycle, contact the law firm of Carabin & Shaw today.Let Carabin & Shaw Fight for You
In our more than 22 years of practice, Carabin & Shaw has helped countless motorcycle accident victims file claims against the negligent drivers responsible for their injuries. We have lawyers in the area standing by to provide counsel and defense for motorcyclists affected by driver’s carelessness.
In 2015 alone, about 88,000 motorcyclists were injured in on-road accidents. After a motorcycle accident, victims may be left feeling vulnerable. At Carabin & Shaw, our attorneys believe that no one deserves deal with these repercussions of a motorcycle crash alone. Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights and guide you through the next steps to take after a Boerne motorcycle accident.
If you live in Boerne, or anywhere else in Texas and have suffered through a motorcycle accident that was someone else’s fault, contact a Boerne motorcycle accident attorney from Carabin & Shaw today. We are here to help, and we will stop at nothing to ensure you receive the just recompense you are entitled to.
We offer a free initial consultation to help set you on the right track after the accident, and we even have bilingual lawyer options for all our Spanish-speaking clients. Call our San Antonio offices at 210-222-2288 or 24 hours a day toll-free at 1.800.682.1260.