Pedestrian Hit by an Uber or Lyft in San Antonio
Pedestrians navigating sidewalks in big cities like San Antonio may unfortunately find themselves at higher risk of being involved in accidents with motor vehicles. With rideshare popularity skyrocketing in recent years, pedestrians may now be more likely to be injured by an Uber or Lyft vehicle as well. If you or a loved one has been a victim of such an incident, it's essential to understand your legal rights and options moving forward.
Our dedicated team of San Antonio Uber & Lyft pedestrian accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw is here to provide assistance to those seeking legal recourse after being hit by a rideshare vehicle. Contact us as soon as possible to schedule your free case review.What Claims Can be Pursued After a Rideshare-Pedestrian Accident
After an Uber or Lyft accident with a pedestrian, various claims may be filed depending on the circumstances of your specific incident. It is always advised to first consult with an experienced local lawyer before pursuing legal action or entering into conversations with insurance agencies or rideshare companies.
A few potential claims that may be pursued include:
- Personal Injury Claim: A personal injury claim can be filed against the negligent party responsible for the accident. This claim seeks compensation for the pedestrian's injuries, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Wrongful Death Claim: If the accident results in the death of the pedestrian, surviving family members may file a wrongful death claim against the responsible parties. This claim seeks compensation for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and emotional distress.
- Negligence Claim Against the Rideshare Driver: If the rideshare driver's negligence contributed to the accident, a negligence claim can be filed against the driver. This may involve proving that the driver failed to exercise reasonable care, leading to the pedestrian's injuries.
- Negligence Claim Against the Rideshare Company: Rideshare companies like Lyft and Uber may be held liable for accidents caused by the negligence of their drivers, such as inadequate screening, training, or supervision.
- Third-Party Liability Claim: If a third party, such as another motorist, contributed to the accident, a third-party liability claim can be pursued against that individual or entity.
It's crucial to consult with a rideshare pedestrian injury attorney in San Antonio Texas to determine the appropriate claims to file based on the specific circumstances of the rideshare-pedestrian accident. A lawyer will help navigate through state laws related to your claim, gather evidence, and advocate for the pedestrian's rights throughout the claims process.Why Hire an Attorney After a Rideshare-Pedestrian Accident?
While insurance or rideshare companies may offer you a substantial settlement after an accident, it is always recommended to first consult with a local personal injury lawyer to closely examine your options. Carabin Shaw’s expert attorneys ensure our clients receive the maximum compensation possible, including damages you may not have previously considered.
San Antonio attorneys at Carabin Shaw will:1. Determine Liability
Our attorneys conduct thorough investigations to determine whether the rideshare driver, the company, or other parties bear responsibility for the accident.2. Maximize Compensation
Our attorneys work tirelessly to ensure victims receive the maximum compensation possible.3. Negotiate with Insurance Companies
Or injury lawyers negotiate on behalf of victims, ensuring fair settlements and handling any disputes that may arise.4. Collect Evidence
Our attorneys know what evidence is crucial, including witness statements, accident reports, and medical records.5. Handle Legal Procedures
Our Texas attorneys guide victims through each litigation, ensuring all requirements and deadlines are met.Contingency-Fee Basis | Making Legal Help Accessible
Understanding the financial strain that often accompanies a serious injury, our San Antonio attorneys at Carabin Shaw operate on a contingency-fee basis. This means that victims and their families do not pay any upfront fees. Instead, legal fees are contingent on successfully securing compensation. This approach ensures that quality legal representation is accessible to those who need it most during challenging times.Free Case Review for Victims Suffering from Rideshare-Pedestrian Injuries
If you or a loved one were a pedestrian hit by Uber or Lyft in San Antonio, seeking the assistance of experienced attorneys is crucial. Carabin Shaw is dedicated to advocating for your rights. We provide a free case review for those who’ve experienced rideshare-pedestrian injuries. Contact us 24/7; English and Spanish-speaking staff are available.
Don't navigate this challenging journey alone; let our expertise guide you towards justice and recovery.
For more information: