Personal Injuries After an 18 Wheeler Accident | Colorado Attorney
Unlike a two car accident, an accident with an 18 wheeler accident can leave you with life-threatening injuries. It can result in broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and even death. If you or your loved one has been injured due to an 18 wheeler accident, our Colorado personal injury attorney can help you. We have years of experience helping 18 wheeler accident victims in Colorado, and our Colorado Attorney James Shaw can answer any questions you might have about personal injury claims.Common Injuries After an 18 Wheeler Accident
Due to the sheer weight and size of an 18 wheeler, it can cause very serious injuries for those sharing the road with these trucks. Here are a few common personal injuries after an 18 wheeler accident:
- Traumatic brain injuries - This is one of the most commonly sustained injuries after an 18 wheeler accident. It can result in physical disabilities, behavioral changes, and comas.
- Disfigurement and burns - Gasoline, broken glass, and blunt force trauma can result in severe burns and disfigurement.
- Spinal cord injuries - A sudden impact to the spinal cord can result in paralysis or other debilitating injuries.
- Wrongful death - Sadly, some accidents may result in wrongful death. If this is the case, we can help you pursue a wrongful death claim.
No one wants to think that an 18 wheeler accident can happen to them, but unfortunately they happen more often than one thinks.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident recently, consult with an 18 wheeler accident lawyer serving Colorado about your accident injuries as soon as possible. Our lawyers will walk you through the legal process while you make healing your main priority.Potential Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents
Although every accident is unique, there are a few common causes of 18 wheeler accidents. These factors might include the following:
- Driver fatigue - Although there are federal regulations for how many hours a truck driver can be on the road, some companies encourage drivers to drive past the legal limit. If this is the case, we will hold the trucking company responsible.
- Distracted driving - It is easy for truck drivers to get bored on the road. Any distracting behavior can result in a catastrophic accident.
- Substance abuse - Some drivers may drink or take substances in order to stay awake, which ultimately inhibits their ability to drive safely.
- Negligent hiring - Some trucking companies may forgo protocol and put drivers with dangerous behavior back on the road.
These are just a few causes of 18 wheeler accidents. Talk to one of our lawyers about the details of your accident so we can figure out your next steps.Damages in an 18 Wheeler Accident
Settlements for 18 wheeler accidents are often higher than other types of collision because of the amount of extensive damage. The types of damages you may receive depends on who is responsible for the accident and if negligence was a factor. These are a few types of damages you may be able to recover:
- Medical expenses - After a severe accident, medical bills can easily run high. Depending on the injury, it may require future surgeries, multiple medications, physical therapy, and more.
- Lost wages and future earnings - Some injuries may hinder you from doing your job like you used to, or at all. These damages will ensure compensation for those lost wages and future earnings.
- Loss of quality of life - In some cases, you may be able to recover damages for your altered quality of life and inability to live life to the fullest.
Our Colorado personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have years of experience helping the victims of 18 wheeler accidents. Our attorneys can explain your rights and options as we guide you through the process of filing a personal injury claim. We will thoroughly investigate your case and fight for your rights if negligence or recklessness was involved.
If you have been injured in an 18 wheeler accident in Colorado, call us at 1-800-555-0101 for a free initial consultation. Our 18 wheeler accident lawyer serving Colorado, James Shaw, is waiting to help you.