Personal Injury Claim Compensation Guide | Texas Attorneys
The aftermath of a car accident is an overwhelming and confusing time. If you’ve been hurt in San Antonio, you’re probably dealing with medical bills, lost income, stress, and more. And if your injury was serious, you may be considering filing a personal injury claim. But do you know how to estimate the value of your claim, or how to find the right attorney? If not, the experts at Carabin Shaw have compiled the following personal injury claim compensation guide to help you. Read on to learn how to estimate the value of your claim, find the best personal injury lawyers in San Antonio, and more.Personal Injury Claim Compensation Guide: What Is Your Claim Worth?
You’re probably wondering what your potential personal injury claim is worth, and which expenses and damages you can receive compensation for by filing a claim. While only qualified San Antonio accident attorneys can give you an accurate estimate of your specific claim’s value, adding up all of the following values can give you a rough idea of what you may be owed:
- Total Medical Expenses. Add up all of your medical bills, even if you didn’t pay these expenses out of pocket. Then, add any other medical-related costs, such as physical therapy appointments, ambulance fees, prescription costs, and required medical supplies.
- Property Damage Costs. If your personal injury case involves property damage, you will add the value of your damaged possessions as well. If you were in a car wreck, for example, you should add the cost of replacing or repairing your damaged vehicle.
- Lost Earnings From Missed Work. If you were forced to miss work because of your accident, add the amount of income you lost due to the days you were not working. If you used paid time off, add the amount as if it were unpaid.
- Estimated Future Lost Income. If you will be missing more work due to ongoing medical treatments or because you have sustained a disability, estimate the amount of income you will lose due to this missed work. Add this to your total.
- Estimated Cost of Future Medical Expenses. If your injuries require ongoing medical treatment, estimate the cost as accurately as you can and add that value to your total.
- Pain and Suffering. The only true way to get an accurate estimate of your pain and suffering damages is to consult with a qualified lawyer. However, using a multiplier between 1.5 and 5, you can multiply your total for the items above. The general rule is that the more severe your injuries, the higher the number you should use as a multiplier. For instance, if you sustained a permanent disability due to the wreck, use a multiplier of 5.
If you’re ready to learn more about filing a personal injury claim in Texas, then we are here to give you the information you need. Our attorneys have 200 years of combined legal experience, and we have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients. We can help determine the value of your potential claim and help you build the strongest possible case so you get what you are owed. And because we offer all new clients a free consultation, you have nothing to lose by giving us a call.
So reach out to Carabin Shaw’s San Antonio office today at 210-222-2288 to receive your free consultation with an expert lawyer, and to find out how our San Antonio accident attorneys can help. Don’t wait—give our team a call and find out how our personal injury lawyers in San Antonio can help you with your personal injury claim in Texas.