Personal Injury Lawsuit: Compensation for Your San Antonio Motorcycle Accident
Motorcyclists have a fatality rate that is 28 times higher than passenger vehicles. In Texas, an auto accident occurs every 59 seconds. Texas makes up over ten percent of motorcycle accidents nationally. If you have sustained injuries from your a recent accident, then you need to know about the possibility of a personal injury lawsuit and compensation for your San Antonio motorcycle accident.What is Considered Personal Injury?
A personal injury case arises when someone has experienced harm or suffering as the result of one’s actions of negligence. So, in regards to traffic accidents, a personal injury case may rest on proving someone’s negligence of traffic laws.
There are two ways personal injury cases are settled: a formal lawsuit and an informal settlement. A formal lawsuit starts with the plaintiff, or individual, filing a claim against the defendant, or another person, company, government entity. The informal settlement involves a series of negotiations, resulting in a final agreement including an allotment of money. A formal lawsuit includes a trial, whereas a settlement does not. However, a lawyer is recommended in both instances. In both instances, you may be rewarded a financial amount to compensate for damages done to your person or vehicle.How Much Could My Case be Worth?
Your motorbike accident injury compensation depends on the damage you endured because of the accident. There are two types of damages: damages capable of exact calculation, and those that are incapable of exact calculation. To be put another way, it breaks down into physical and mental damages.
Physical damages may include:
- Medical costs: Keep track of any medical bills procured
- Income loss: If your accident kept you from working, or forced you to take another job, then keep track of your lost wages
- Property loss: This refers to any vehicles, clothing, jewelry, or other physical objects damaged in the accident
Some examples of mental damages include:
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and discomfort brought on by the accident
- Emotional distress: Depression, anxiety, and ptsd are common after accidents
- Loss of enjoyment: Loss of enjoyment with day to day activities or hobbies
Compensation for motorcycle accident injuries can cover both physical and mental harm done to you during your accident. Motorcycle accident compensation examples show that compensation can range anywhere from 3,000 to over 400,000 thousand dollars. The more severe your injuries, the higher your compensation will be. If you are interested in earning compensation from your accident, then reach out to a San Antonio motorcycle accident attorney today.What Type of Lawyer Should I Consider?
If you’re serious about earning financial compensation for your damages, then you need to find a qualified lawyer. You’ll want to consider a couple of things:
- Location: Hiring an attorney in the San Antonio area will ensure their close proximity to you, and their familiarity with local and state traffic laws. Carabin Shaw’s many offices insure that you’ll be able to find us with ease. Just look up, “motorcycle attorney near me.”
- Expertise: You’ll want to make sure that your attorney focuses on personal injury and motorcycle accidents or has a great deal of experience working with these cases. Essentially, you want one of the best motorcycle accident lawyer in Texas.
If you’re looking for a San Antonio motorcycle injury attorney, consider our team of lawyers at Carabin Shaw for your needs.What’s Next: Contacting a Motorcycle Personal Injury Lawyer (Free Consultation)
If after learning about personal injury lawsuits and possible compensation for your San Antonio motorcycle accident you’ve decided to pursue legal action, then you need to make sure you file within the statute of limitations for the state of Texas. The time period for personal injury cases is two years. So, you have two years from the time of the accident to file a case with a San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyer.
If you want the best representation for your case, call our San Antonio office today for a free consultation at 210-222-2288 or toll free at 800-862-1260. Don’t wait to get your life back.