Personal Injury Victims in San Antonio | Maximize Your Compensation
After suffering an accident in San Antonio, you may decide to file a personal injury claim. If your injury is serious, and you believe someone else is at fault, you should contact a lawyer to promptly start putting your case together. Once you begin forming a case, you will want to do everything in your power to make sure you get the money you deserve. If you and your San Antonio accident attorney do not fight for your money, you could be stuck with the heavy burden of post-accident medical bills. To ensure that you have the best chance at receiving compensation after your injury, contact an attorney because there are certain processes you should follow after an accident.
There will be aspects of the case that rely on you to make sure they go smoothly. You’ll need an experienced personal injury attorney San Antonio on your side to help guide you through this complex process. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve recovered over $500 million for our clients and we will fight for you. We’ll lay out some tips below to help all personal injury victims in San Antonio make sure they get the compensation they deserve.5 Tips for Maximizing Your Compensation
- Seek medical treatment promptly - Not only is it best for you health-wise to seek medical treatment immediately after an injury, but it can also help your case. Doctors will document your injuries and the extent of future care that will be needed to resolve any injuries. These figures will be used when determining the possible amount of payment due in the case. After seeking medical treatment, Search “best personal injury attorney near me” to find a lawyer to represent you.
- Gather and keep evidence - If possible, take photos at the scene of your accidents along with witness names and testimonies. Get a copy of the police report and if you are on someone else’s property, speak to the manager and make sure to get a copy of their report as well. If your case goes to trial, the jury will make their decision based on the evidence introduced in court. Even if the case does not go to court, the strength or weakness of your evidence and case may determine the settlement offer of the opposing party. Your lawyer can advise you on the specifics of your case.
- Build your case as if you are going to trial - Most personal injury victims in San Antonio settle out of court. But as discussed above, the strength or weakness of your case may determine the type of offer the defense will give you. If you prepare your case thoroughly, your chance of receiving a larger settlement may be higher.
- File for future damages as well - If your injury in San Antonio could incur ongoing medical expenses, make sure to file for future damages. If you do not, you could be missing out on crucial settlement dollars. A San Antonio accident attorney can help you understand the process of filing for future damages.
- File your case soon after the accident - It is important that you begin your case quickly after your accident. The statute of limitations in Texas allows for two years from the date of the injury to file your claim before you lose the right to file entirely.
If you’ve been injured, you may be asking yourself, “how do I find the best personal injury attorney near me to represent me after my accident?” There are a lot of options, and it is not always easy to find a great personal injury attorney, but you will want someone who is experienced. Carabin Shaw has been serving the San Antonio community for over 25 years, and we would love the opportunity to help you maximize your compensation after an injury. If you’ve been injured, call us today for a free consultation at 210-222-2288.